US Indirect Tax Analyst at Expedia Group
Who you are:
- Excellent researching and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile tax data and learn from it.
- Base level understanding or the desire to learn the various states’ abandoned and unclaimed property tax laws.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; with willingness to “speak-up” to drive improved changes.
- Can manage multiple asks within a strict due date delivery time frame.
- Self-starter and diligent problem solver.
- Strong team player willing to assist in any capacity needed.
- Thrives and desires to work in a dynamic work space, coupled with the ability and willingness to accept internal and external feedback and change any course of action.
- Prefers to drive and/or adjust to change, not be complacent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in managing large data sets in Excel.
- Experience or a desire to learn Automation tools such as UIPath, Tableau, and Alteryx.
- Have a collaborative and collegial professional demeanor.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA license or actively working towards attainment is a plus, but not required.
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required.
- 0-2 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm.
What you'll do:
- Prepare various state and local U.S. indirect sales and lodging tax returns with external service provider, utilizing technology solutions such as Alteryx, Tableau, and UIPath to effectively manage large compliance data sets.
- Coordinate with the appropriate accounting team and external service provider to identify, prepare, and report unclaimed property.
- Support the various states’ exemption certificate management requirements.
- Collaborate with other business groups to address tax compliance data needs.
- Assist with various U.S. real and business personal property tax filing obligations.
- Assist with Expedia Group’s unclaimed property filing obligations.
- May also preform indirect tax project work as required. This may include business advisory, financial reporting, transaction tax data analysis and/or modeling, and tax research and analysis projects.
- Use advanced excel skills and automation tools to manage large compliance data sets.
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.