At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.The Team You’ll Work With
This is a pivotal role where you will partner with analysts on the Valuation team to support the explosive growth Carta is experiencing. You will work directly with clients to facilitate their valuation requests, board approvals, and option issuances. As a primary point of contact for valuation issues, you will address client inquiries and requests by email and phone and coordinate with the valuation analyst on the client’s behalf.
This role will provide a front row seat into the world of private company finance and the valuation of venture backed companies. As a Valuation Specialist you will become knowledgeable about venture capital, valuation approaches, and types of equity as well as gain exposure to executives and investors.The Problems You’ll Solve
- Analyze and verify financial and ownership information for companies requesting a valuation
- Facilitate financial data collection, organization, verification, and reconciliation for valuation analysts
- Perform research on companies, industries, and markets
- Communicate progress updates and facilitate discussions between clients and valuation analysts
- Educate clients on policies and platform functionality related to 409A valuations, board approval workflows, and options issuance
- Resolve customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Carta’s software platform and products
- Triage incoming requests and identify trends/patterns across customer base in order to flag issues as well as potential solutions
- Identify, reproduce, and document bugs for the product and engineering teams
- Assist with product development by testing new features and bug fixes as well as surfacing customer feedback
The Carta Valuation Team is the nation’s leading provider of private company valuations with plans to expand and grow into new areas. As a Valuation Specialist you will be instrumental to facilitate the explosive growth of our practice. In addition, you will also be responsible for initial review of client documents, company, industry, and market research, and general analyst support. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating with executives, attorneys, and investors.About You
- Comfortable learning quickly and taking on new challenges
- Ability to address finance-related questions in a clear and concise manner
- Knowledge of financial statements and common financial concepts
- Experienced multi-tasker with ability to balance dozens of projects at any given time
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills
- Exhibit diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues as well as a strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a positive interview experience for every candidate. If accommodations due to a disability or medical condition are needed, connect with us via email at [email protected]. As a company, we value fairness, helpfulness, transparency, leadership and build our teams around these values. Check out our careers page to get to know us better as you think about your next step at Carta.