VAT Tax Manager - (SGI) at Expedia Group
The SGI VAT Manager collaborates with stakeholders across the Expedia business to manage international VAT planning for strategic initiatives required to facilitate Expedia’s global expansion efforts. Reporting to the Director of the SGI, this position will have regular interaction with key stakeholders and is a great opportunity to work at the heart of a global ecommerce business. Further, this role will offer significant cross-functional collaboration and partnership opportunities with direct tax, transfer pricing, indirect tax leaders as well as legal, treasury, payments, accounting, and business leads.
Who you Are-
8+ years of experience including public accounting or law firm experience. Industry experience in the technology sector is preferred.
• Accounting or legal degree and/or post-qualification in these disciplines preferred.
• Experienced in international tax and transactional planning is a must.
• Experienced in taxation in emerging markets including but not limited to APAC, EMEA or Latin America.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Project-based experience preferred.
• Experience with implementing tax technology for transaction tax calculation and transaction tax reporting desirable.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to quickly understand and integrate business objectives with tax strategies, and effectively communicate tax requirements to tax colleagues and senior tax management.
What You'll Do-
• Prepare tax memorandums, business requirements and tax playbooks for execution of projects.
• Work with external tax advisors to research, document and provide proactive recommendation to the business for both indirect and sometimes direct tax.
• Support the implementation of solutions, strategies and policies in partnership with direct tax, transfer pricing and indirect tax to support scalable and sustainable global business expansion
• Assist with drafting of tax technology, tax report and tax process requirements relating to projects.
• The successful candidate will develop a deep understanding of local tax rules and regulations across a variety of emerging markets in relation to new business launches.
• Reviewing financial analyses and collaborating to build financial valuation models to support assessments of new country launches
• Partnering cross-functionally with tax leaders and business stakeholders (business, finance, legal, accounting, etc.) to develop holistic tax strategies
• Review contracts and agreements. Collaborate with tax and legal department as required.
• Proactive communication with internal tax teams.
• Occasional FAS5/FIN48 analysis and position documentation.
Why Join Us -
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-FC1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.