VP of Finance & Strategy
Founded in October 2015, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, FlyHomes is a real estate and fintech company focused on making home buying seamless, transparent, and fun. Since then, FlyHomes has continued to rapidly scale its team, focusing on helping buyers across Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and new emerging marketplaces to purchase more than $300M in homes annually.
About the Job:
As the VP of Finance & Strategy, you will be the driving force behind our strategy and finance teams. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of all new and existing initiatives in all marketplaces. This role will oversee capital markets, accounting & finance, and strategy.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop and lead the forecasting process. This includes potentially building new forecast models or improving existing models.
- Lead the preparation of analysis for Executive and Board level audiences that effectively communicate financial performance, business opportunities & risks, and provide critical insights into future strategic decisions.
- Lead accurate, timely and insightful reporting on financial metrics and KPIs, working closely with Business Intelligence and Marketing
- Forge meaningful relationships with general managers and cross-functional business leaders. Become a trusted advisor, highlighting risks, building simulations and sensitivity analysis and suggesting solutions to problems as they arise
- Provide financial analysis and decision support for managers and the Leadership Team, providing insight into capital or other strategic spend and operational optimization decisions
- Run simulation and sensitivity analysis on various "what-if" scenarios using insight and critical thinking to evaluate and make recommendations about critical business decisions
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics, or business. MBA preferred
- 5+ years of finance, investment banking or consulting experience.
- Advanced Excel modeling experience and proficiency, combined with the ability to work with complex data and interpret complex documents
- Results-driven, possessing a strong drive to meet and exceed goals.
- Genuine interest, enthusiasm and passion for real estate
- Hyper customer focused and ability to partner with internal customers; the role will have high visibility to senior management
- Proven track record of playing a key role in helping a business achieve growth and profitability
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task environment; ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow
- Strong interpersonal, communication (both oral and written) and influencing skills to manage business partners as well develop new relationships
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) plus company match
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance packages to fit your needs (Full-time employees)
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
FlyHomes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
FlyHomes, Inc. also participates in E-Verify. Upon hire, FlyHomes, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S