VP of Risk
Founded in October 2015, with headquarters in Seattle, WA, FlyHomes is a real estate and fintech company focused on making home buying seamless, transparent, and fun. Since then, FlyHomes has continued to rapidly scale its team, focusing on helping buyers across Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and new emerging marketplaces to purchase more than $300M in homes annually.
About the job:
As the VP of Risk, you will focus on areas of credit risk, operational risk and market risk. This role will support management and Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Roles & Requirements:
- Manage model development, maintaining model documentation, and data aggregation of Business Loss Forecasting models
- Lead the most complex activities related to business and statistical analysis, risk segmentation, model development and documentation
- Model performance for credit losses, Allowance, and capital review forecast
- Responsible for a team that builds analytical capabilities and manages modeling, forecasting, reporting and data distribution tools and processes requiring significant technical complexity in the analytics (across major functional areas or businesses)
- Recommend strategies and actions to be considered by senior management relative to high risk moves. Collaborate company wide to predict current and future needs & impacts to Flyhomes
- Transform data into actionable information that drives business outcomes.
- 5-10 years of risk reporting experience, risk analytics experience, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience, in a risk environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A Master's degree Mathematics, Economics, Finance or Statistics preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Superior project management skills including the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Experience documenting and presenting detailed model validation processes and results, suitable for a variety of audiences.
- 401(k) Plus company-match
- Medical/dental/vision/Life insurance packages to fit your needs (Full time employees)
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time off when you need it
FlyHomes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
FlyHomes, Inc. also participates in E-Verify. Upon hire, FlyHomes, Inc. will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S