At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,000 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
As a Commission Specialist, you are responsible for the administration of PitchBook's Outside Sales and Media commission plans. On an ongoing basis, you will also support the administration of a subset of Inside Sales and Customer Success commission plans. You have an exceptional attention to detail and the ability to make sense of complex situations. You bring together a customer service mindset and a drive to learn new systems & process.
- Administer PitchBook's Outside Sales commission plan for more than 100 (and growing) Outside Sales reps, a subset of Inside Sales/Customer Success, and our Media business. This includes working in CallidusCloud/SAP Commissions, updating quotas and comp plans as needed, creating and publishing reports, dealing with compensation disputes, and resolving other issues as they arise
- Preparing and calculating Media commission in Excel
- Work closely with Sales and Finance teams and leadership to ensure accurate calculation, payment, accounting, and reporting of commissions
- Provide reporting and analysis related to Outside Sales & Media commissions
- Proactively research and apply best practices; review and recommend improvements to processes, maintaining process documentation
- Provide additional reporting and analysis as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of progressive experience in HR, Finance, Business Administration, or other related field preferred
- 1+ year experience working with an enterprise system (e.g. GL, CRM) to perform duties, with a focus on understanding data flows and resolving issues systematically
- Experience working with a commission system (e.g. Xactly, Callidus/SAP), Callidus/SAP is a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver excellent results
- Resourceful and results-driven
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to pursue ongoing professional development
- Exceptional organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to shifting priorities
- Collaborative team player with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.