Compensation & Benefits Manager at Blue Nile
The Compensation & Benefits Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating the administration, execution and analysis of a broad range of employee benefit and compensation plans and programs. This position’s primary responsibility is to manage and administer components of benefits and compensation delivery, and lead projects related to analysis and development of compensation programs including incentive plans and equity programs and benefit programs including medical, dental, life, vision, financial and lifestyle benefit offerings. S/he will provide benefits and compensation support to Blue Nile employees and managers and provide oversight to our insurance partners, consultants and carriers. S/he will also identify and resolve issues related to both benefit and compensation programs and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Understand the business, be a strategic partner, have a global perspective, and demonstrate leadership in the area of benefits, compensation, and other total reward programs.
- Provide timely and accurate support to employees and managers and create appropriate tools to aid in efficient decision making.
- Develop, update, and conduct employee communication and education programs to create an understanding of benefits and compensation programs with employees, HR partners and managers.
- Analyze new and existing programs to ensure they provide value to employees and the Company, with a focus on affordability and sense of reward employees feel for their commitment to Blue Nile.
- Prepares and conduct benefit and compensation audits.
- Document benefit and compensation administration practices and system procedures focusing on best practices. Complete periodic plan audits to ensure accurate eligibility reporting and costs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations, ensuring timeliness and accuracy for all required reporting, filing and notifications. Make recommendations regarding compensation program and benefit plan development.
- Provide oversight to our insurance partners, consultants and carriers to ensure ongoing service delivery to employees maintain enrollment data, ensure that new enrollment and terminations are accurately and efficiently reported.
- Identify and research changing benefits & compensation laws and provide recommendations on next actions.
- Identify areas of opportunity within current programs and plans, develops, evaluates, improves, and communicates methods and techniques for compensating employees.
- Partners with HR team and hiring managers to create compensation targets for new or replacement positions; participates in compensation surveys; analyzes survey results; maintains compensation data points; spearheads annual merit, bonus and equity process.
- Act as a subject-matter expert on all benefit & compensation matters.
- 7 years compensation & benefits experience, working for a multi-state employer preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred
- SHRM-CP, PHR, CBP, CCP or CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of benefit programs and compensation practices.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements, both adopted and pending, affecting employee benefits programs
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Strong results orientation and attention to detail
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and changing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional professionalism and ability to uphold a high level of confidentiality
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external contacts
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus