Director, Diversity and Inclusion
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We believe our vision, mission, cultural values and customer-centric people are strategic differentiators for our business. These are not just words; we work hard to embed this philosophy into every aspect of our work. We are looking for an inspiring and experienced Diversity and Inclusion leader to guide and scale our efforts and programming to support our commitment to relentlessly focus on culture. This key role will report directly to our Chief Customer and People Officer.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Director of Diversity and Inclusion, you will design, develop, and execute programs, projects, and initiatives that enable, promote and advance a high performing diverse and inclusive workforce. In this role, you will be responsible for developing an integrative diversity and inclusion strategy that spans employee engagement, learning and development, retention, talent acquisition, and community partnerships.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop focused D&I programing, initiatives, and education in areas of engagement, development, hiring, retention, and community partnerships.
- Develop company-wide awareness of diversity and inclusion, create and drive diversity and inclusion communication strategy that will keep employee and business informed about, supportive of and engaged in sponsoring and integrating diversity programs and initiatives into how they work.
- Use data to prioritize initiatives, influence stakeholders, and measure impact and results of D&I programs.
- Work with business leaders to provide insights, resources, tools, and actions in promoting and embracing multiple dimensions diversity and inclusion.
- Design and align ERG strategy and programming to broader D&I and engagement efforts to promote an inclusive workplace and attract and retain talent.
- Provide effective guidance and coaching to ERG leaders and their leadership teams to ensure alignment and integration of ERG strategic plans, budgets, and programming.
- Drive content to tell our story internally and externally, working with Communication partners and Marketing on our I&D messaging.
- Apply effective benchmarks, best practices, and metrics for measuring the impact of our programs.
Who we are looking for:
- Demonstrated experience in setting vision, strategy, tactics, and delivery of D&I initiatives.
- Ability to influence and build relationships, work collaboratively with individuals or team from all areas and levels of the organizations, community, and business partners.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results on own initiatives as well as cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multitask.
- Thought-leader in the area of diversity and inclusion with experience developing, implementing, and evaluating programs and processes.
- Data driven and able to use internal and external data to inspire change and measure ROI
- Lifelong passion for an interest in leading diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Comfort with ambiguity, uncertainty, and rapidly evolving business landscape.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.