Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are a leader in your field, with expertise in diversity, equity & inclusion, a strong toolset for analysis, and experience working cross-functionally to solve problems. You are an experienced people and program manager eager to have a big impact at Convoy. You’ll partner with HR, and the business to create and implement processes to attract, retain, develop, and promote diverse talent across all areas of our business. You thrive in ambiguous, fast-paced environments, and are excited to make a tangible impact on the experience of Convoy employees.
- Build and execute a strategy to support Convoy on our journey to becoming a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive company, including defining the metrics that will drive success.
- Oversee a small team of data analysts and associate program managers who will support various People Team initiatives with a focus on DE&I
- Create, maintain, and share updates on progress and resources with Convoy leadership and employees through a variety of formats.
- Partner with HR to educate and coach leaders on how to understand their data and enhance diversity, equity, and inclusion on their teams
- Lead and manage Convoy’s DE&I steering committee.
- Partner with Convoy’s Learning & Talent development teams to design and implement DE&I learning and capability building initiatives
- Support and develop additional DE&I initiatives as needed: Employee Resource Groups, Discussion groups, Mentorship programs, etc. in line with identified DE&I strategy.
- Partner with Legal on various initiatives and collection of sensitive data.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Behavior, Human Resources or related field required.
- 3+ years experience in Diversity, Equity, and/or Inclusion roles.
- 7+ years experience in all levels of cross-functional program or project management, from program design to execution.
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to empathize with stakeholder needs and drive alignment across multiple teams and individuals of diverse backgrounds. Experience building and facilitating DE&I specific training preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently. You are comfortable collaborating with and supporting individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to break down complex organizational challenges into concrete solutions
- Top notch organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks
- Experience in a startup environment is strongly preferred.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!