At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
The Director of Employee Development leads the PitchBook Learning Team and partners with stakeholders across the organization to design, develop and execute impactful learning and developmental solutions that identify and grow individual capabilities and build organizational talent. This person acts as a trusted resource to PitchBook employees with a specific focus on managing the organization's talent in a manner which enhances employee satisfaction and positions PitchBook as an employer of choice.
About the Team:
"Customers are King!" Each and every day the PBLearning Team works to ensure that our employees have the knowledge and capabilities needed to ensure our customers are successful in using PitchBook. Onboarding, professional and career development are handled by the PBLearning Team. PBLearning does whatever it takes to ensure our employees achieve their goals and continue to grow in their skills and their careers.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead, grow and mentor a team of management, sales and technical training professionals to achieve and exceed performance expectations
- Act as an internal consultant to assess employee development needs, recommending appropriate solutions and implementing timely programs and/or services
- Drive the implementation of the overall leadership development strategy and framework
- Develop and manage programs to support the growth of high-potential employees and increase bench strength for key leadership roles
- Partner with senior leaders to identify training needs for their teams Create individualized development plans that support individual career development objectives and company strategy
- Oversee certification programs allowing employees to prove expertise with financial market concepts and sales and customer success skills appropriate for success in their roles
- In conjunction with VP, People, develop and oversee a professional development program including standards for goal setting, goal-tracking and employee evaluation
- Manage overall training budgets and ensure effective use of training dollars
- Ensure all company training programs are achieving desired results not only for quality and business impact, but scalability
- Design, coordinate and/or facilitate various employee development, organizational process workshops and impactful team-building opportunities
- Develop career path and succession planning models for various functional areas and integrate into overall learning and development plans
- Coach, give and receive feedback from all levels of the organization
- Support the vision and values of the company and the People team through role modeling and coaching desired behaviors and creating programs and processes that support desired outcomes
- Participate in various People Team initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Organizational development, instructional design, training, or human resources focus preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible employee training and development experience including hands-on instruction, leadership training program development, succession planning, and curriculum development
- 5+ years of experience in a progressively responsible leadership role with direct people management experience
- Strong understanding and application of talent management assessment and processes such as selection, onboarding, performance management, and employee development
- Ability to effectively present material to groups of all levels in person and via phone/webinar
- Successful track record of coaching and counseling managers and leaders of all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to work effectively with all levels in the organization
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or priorities at once
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and solve complex problems
- Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to learn additional programs as needed
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.