Director, Global Recruiting
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for an inspiring, high energy, results focused recruiting leader to help us source and hire high quality, mission driven, culturally aligned employees who will be with us for years to come. At Remitly we believe our business begins and ends with our people - you will be leading a truly business critical function.
What you’ll be doing:
As our Director of Global Recruiting you will lead us both strategically and tactically on how we engage, hire and onboard talent globally. You will partner with the exec team, the recruiting team and hiring managers across the organization to evangelize new, creative and impactful ways to reach target candidate pools. In addition, you will work hands-on with the recruiting team to deliver results (hired employees), drive the Remitly brand while continuously improving the recruiting program at Remitly.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Support the vision and cultural values of the company and the recruiting team through role-modeling our values and creating programs and processes that support recruiting outcomes.
- Lead, develop and mentor our global recruiting team made up of talented sourcers, recruiters and coordinators to meet and exceed performance expectations.
- Lead by example by being a player coach, including owning recruiting requisitions and sharing recruiting best practices and methodologies with the team.
- Use data and analytics to baseline, monitor and determine success for individual recruiters, the team, and the recruiting function as a whole.
- Build and fine-tune recruiting programs, processes and infrastructure to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations and an outstanding candidate experience.
- Strongly partner with senior business leaders and hiring managers to set and drive goals, processes, metrics and talend acquisition results.
- Guide hiring managers and teams through effective recruiting and hiring practices that tie to the strategic goals of the company and team and align with our cultural values.
- Serve as a skilled problem solver and facilitator in final offer negotiations.
- Learn about, understand, gain a command of and establish recruiting best practices tailored to each market we are in or are considering for new locations.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of top tier passive at all times.
- Ensure sourcing and recruiting strategies are competitive with a focus on attracting top talent.
- Own and drive the development of targeted and innovative recruiting programs including: college recruiting, community events, employee referrals, internships and more.
- Promote Remitly in the marketplace by planning, organizing, overseeing, hosting and/or attending events that will attract candidates and increase Remitly’s brand recognition and equity in the communities within which we work.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years of of successful and progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting of both technical and non-technical roles.
- 3+ years of experience in a progressively responsible recruiting leadership role with direct people management experience.
- Proven success in sourcing, screening and selecting top talent - recognized as a top producing recruiter.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute recruiting strategy, including employer branding and promotion, candidate management, diversity sourcing, interview process management, sourcing tools and applicant tracking systems.
- Demonstrated credibility with business leaders and the ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Proven use of innovation and process improvement to increase recruiting and retention results.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to create, measure, and scale recruiting processes.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task.
- Previous experience with applicant tracking systems required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Must be able to work at all levels in the organization and with candidates.
Who we are:
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.