Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You are someone who is excited to build a People Operations function that delivers an exceptional employee experience and facilitates a seamless day-to-day work experience for a late stage, high growth start-up. You will lead a team of HR Specialists and HR Coordinators, while working closely with cross-functional partners to execute strategies that support the long-term success of the business. You thrive in a role that is high visibility with a high degree of impact.
- Drive effectiveness and efficiency of processes and tools to achieve timely resolution of issues, and a high degree of customer satisfaction for interactions with HR, leaders, and team members.
- Set up processes and controls for data accuracy and maintenance in HR systems (Workday, etc).
- Build capability to process high volume data changes and reporting.
- Establish and monitor processes and metrics to ensure customer and stakeholder needs are met. Establish and track performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Partner with IT and HR to develop a strategic roadmap for automation of administrative processes, Employee and Manager Self-Service capabilities, and knowledge management.
- Identify trends based on HR Service desk tickets and partner with key stakeholders to identify and address root cause issues; partner to reduce HR Service desk ticket volume by improving quality of/access to information.
- Create a closed loop process between employee inquiries/HR service desk tickets and a company wide knowledge base for policy and other HR-related information.
- Design and implement the future state operating model and organization structure in support of the People Ops strategic roadmap.
- Apply a data-informed approach to determine effective staffing levels and compositionEvaluate, implement, and manage all third party People Ops technology, vendors, and partners.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years experience in HR that includes developing, implementing, and executing successful operations and technology strategies; people leadership experience
- Experience working in high growth environment and supporting HR Ops for 1000+ employees
- Knowledge of and HR functions (recruiting, learning & development, compliance, compensation and benefits, etc), and state and federal laws and regulations that influence HR.
- Proven ability to examine procedures, formulate policy, design new strategies, develop sound proposals, and successfully implement programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, fostering teamwork across HR functions.
- Exceptional analytical skills, working with large data sets, communicating findings and establishing/tracking program metrics.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interface with all levels of the organization, influence decision makers, and set and manage expectations.
- Able to project manage and juggle multiple priorities at once.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!