Director, Program Management - People
Convoy is in hypergrowth, with headcount more than doubling in 2019 and no signs of slowing. Maintaining our culture and setting our people up to do the best work of their careers is a tremendous challenge. Our People team is seeking a product or program management leader to build out Employee Experience and Organizational Health programs. We believe that organizational health and resulting culture is an untapped competitive advantage that is available to anyone willing to invest in it. The right program leader for Employee Experience will be one of the highest leveraged in the organization, with impact across every team, every office, and every employee at Convoy.
Maybe you’ve worked in a People/HR team before, maybe not. Either way, you think of the employee experience at a company as a product with the employees as its customers. You also share our view that the People function should be a strategic lever for the business.
Some of the challenges you will help us with:
- Creating mechanisms to ensure that we maintain a high talent bar
- Onboarding new employees as quickly and effectively as possible
- Helping us maintain, adapt, and improve our culture as we grow
- Figuring out how to define and measure excellence in how we serve our employees and set them up to do their best work. Then figuring out how to ensure that we hold ourselves accountable to that standard.
- Building and managing multiple listening mechanisms to ensure that all employee voices are heard and represented.
- Supporting our employee resource groups
- Figuring out how to better connect our employees to our mission
- Helping build an inclusive work environment where everyone feels that they can bring their full, authentic self to work
- Ensuring alignment - of values, objectives, priorities - across our growing teams, and building connective tissue across Convoy
- Figuring out how to measure and then improve team effectiveness
- Figuring out what else should be added to this list
What would recommend you to this role:
- Passion and empathy for the customers you serve (in this case employees)
- You derive meaning and fulfillment from setting others up to succeed
- Experience in Product or Program Management and delivering results for customers
- Demonstrated track record of building and leading high-performance teams that can deliver results against multiple complex projects
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and stakeholder management
- Strong analytics skills and data-driven orientation
- Experience with the listen/build/measure/iterate cycle
- You love chaos and ambiguity (startup experience preferred but not required) :)
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you're a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description