Director of Recruiting
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York and London. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 3,000 clients around the world.
As a four-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office has grown from humble beginnings in a 200-square-foot windowless room to our current three-floor home in a downtown skyscraper. Located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square, our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
The Recruiting Director has the exciting opportunity to influence our business with strategic thinking around how we engage, hire and onboard talent. You will partner with leadership to evangelize new, creative and impactful ways to reach target candidate pools. In addition, you will work hands-on with the recruiting team to deliver and report results and drive the PitchBook employment brand while continuously raising the bar when it comes to recruiting at PitchBook.
Every employee and candidate of PitchBook is our customer. Our goal is to support our employees in the development of their careers and help them have fun while they do it. We foster PitchBook’s amazing and collaborative culture through creative programs and by modeling our values within our own team. We love to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing our own with a passion.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the vision, values and expected behaviors of the company and the People Team through role-modeling appropriate behaviors and creating programs and processes that support desired outcomes.
- Lead, grow and mentor the recruiting team to achieve and exceed performance expectations.
- Use data and analytics to set, monitor and determine success for individual recruiters, the team, and the recruiting function as a whole.
- Build and fine-tune recruiting programs, processes and infrastructure to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of our operations and an outstanding candidate experience.
- Act as the expert sourcing partner for the recruiting team by ensuring best practices and effective methods are in place.
- Guide hiring managers and teams through effective recruiting and hiring decision practices that tie to the strategic goals of the departments and organization.
- Create and maintain a pipeline of top notch candidates while identifying and developing solutions for any gaps identified in the talent pipeline.
- Ensure sourcing and recruiting strategies are competitive with a focus on attracting top talent.
- Own and drive the development of recruiting programs including: college recruiting, events, employee referrals and internships that are creative, transformative, and support the long-term goals and vision of the company.
- Promote PitchBook in the marketplace with potential candidates by planning, organizing, overseeing, hosting and/or attending events that will attract candidates and increase PitchBook’s name recognition and grow the employment brand in a positive manner.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Professional certification (AIRS) is a plus.
- 10+ years of a combination of corporate and search firm progressive recruiting experience including sourcing and full life cycle recruiting on technical and non-technical roles.
- 2+ years of experience in a progressively responsible recruiting leadership role with direct people management experience.
- Proven success in sourcing, screening and selection of top talent - recognized as a top producing recruiter.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, diversity sourcing, interview process management, sourcing tools and applicant tracking systems.
- Demonstrated credibility with business leaders with the ability to work in a team environment, as a team leader and member.
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active about keeping things organized and assertive about procedure, process and protocol.
- Proven use of innovation and process improvement to increase recruiting and retention results.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to create, measure, and scale recruiting processes.
- In-depth knowledge of legal compliance requirements and employment laws.
- Proven ability to act at both the strategic and tactical levels in a fast-paced environment; must be extremely organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multi-task.
- Strong skills in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel and the ability to learn additional programs as needed. Previous experience with applicant tracking systems required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills. Must be able to work with all levels in the organization.
The job conditions for this position are in a standard office setting. Employees in this position use PC and phone on an on-going basis throughout the day. Limited corporate travel may be required to remote offices or other business meetings and events.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world’s meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape—including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people—so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.