Chewy is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to help lead our Technical hiring function and act as a key senior leader driving Chewy's growth. In this role, you will be an integral talent partner with senior leadership and will help to build, develop, and position the Talent Acquisition function to successfully support all Tech hiring. You will lead the establishment, management, and oversight of end-to-end hiring (from research and market mapping to attracting diverse talent to converting best in class hires).
This role will help shape Chewy’s future and requires an action-oriented builder. To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being a disruptor, innovator, and forward-looking business leader. You are also an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. You demonstrate flexibility to dive deep and are willingly roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever-changing priorities and interesting business challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior leaders to help drive Chewy’s immediate and long-term growth plans
- Apply your expertise in Talent Acquisition to help design and build an expanded recruiting and sourcing function at Chewy.
- Set vision, design strategy, and execute thought leadership to impact Chewy’s growth, at scale.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of recruiting professionals focused on attracting world-class technical talent
- Apply industry best practices to bring innovation to operations, systems and processes. Implement repeatable operating processes that manage passive and active candidate pipelines
- Provide senior leaders with market insights, hiring trends, risks, opportunities, and strategic paths forward
- Apply data-driven decision making
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of progressive Recruiting experience, with at least 5+ years leading executive recruiting teams
- Proven track record of establishing, building, and maturing recruiting functions, selection systems, and tools
- Experience leading senior-level team members in a hyper growth organization. E-commerce experience and company size of 10K+ FTE’s or more are both a strong plus
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Able to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and hiring plans
- Apply analytical rigor to create, model, and analyze data which then shapes our strategic talent initiatives
- Experience in building effective diversity hiring strategies that enable and amplify our D&I efforts across Chewy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing) to senior leadership audiences
- Success in creating an inclusive culture that builds trust between cross-functional teams
- Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- Advanced use of PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in writing data-rich, strategic white papers a strong plus
- Position may require travel