Chewy is seeking a Director, Talent Acquisition to lead our hiring function and act as a key senior leader driving the growth of Chewy in Seattle, WA. In this role you will work closely with the VP leadership layer, as well as the CEO, CFO, CTO, and the full C-Suite executive team and be an integral talent partner with senior leadership. You will lead the establishment, management, and oversight of end-to-end hiring – from research and market mapping to attracting diverse talent to converting best in class hires and strategy.
This role will shape Chewy’s future and requires an action-oriented builder. To be successful in the role, you will need a proven track record of being a disruptor, innovator, and forward-looking business leader. You are also an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. Finally, you demonstrate flexibility to dive deep and willingly roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever changing priorities and interesting business challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the senior leaders to drive Chewy’s long-term growth plan.
- Apply your expertise in hiring to expand and optimize our recruiting function at Chewy. Impact vision, design strategy, and execute thought leadership to impact Chewy’s growth, at scale.
- Lead, inspire, and develop a team of recruiting professionals focused on attracting world-class talent.
- Apply industry best practices to bring innovation to operations, systems, and processes. Implement repeatable operating processes that manage passive and active candidate pipelines.
- Write monthly business reviews that provide senior leaders with market insights, hiring trends, risks, opportunities, and strategic paths forward.
- Build the hiring framework, selection and assessment process, and analytics to enhance our hiring process.
- Apply data-driven decision making to effectively run the recruiting function.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of progressive Recruiting experience, with at least 5+ years leading recruiting teams.
- Proven track record of establishing/building and maturing recruiting functions, selection systems, and tools.
- Experience leading team members in a hyper growth organization. E-commerce experience and company size of 10K+ FTE’s or more are both a strong plus.
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Able to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and hiring plans.
- Apply analytical rigor to create, model, and analyze data which then shapes our strategic talent initiatives.
- Experience in building effective diversity hiring strategies that enable and amplify our D&I efforts across Chewy.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively – verbally and in writing – to senior leadership audiences.
- Success in creating an inclusive culture that builds trust between cross-functional teams.
- Demonstration of maintaining high performance expectations and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus.
- Advanced use of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience in writing data-rich, strategic white papers a strong plus.
- Position may require travel.