Qumulo is looking for a Director, Total Rewards & People Operations to develop and execute the infrastructure and initiatives that will attract and retain the best talent, enhance our collaborative and agile culture and enable our rapidly growing business to scale. In this unique role, you will be responsible for end-to-end design, delivery, and administration on a global basis of our total rewards programs, job architecture, benefits programs, compliance, reporting and HR systems.
This position requires a mix of strategic planning, customer focused design, and hands-on operational excellence, as well as an excellent working knowledge of employment laws and regulations. Candidates must have demonstrated project management experience, and the ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
Essential to success is the ability to manage competing demands and execute flawlessly. It is crucial that you are highly experienced at implementing and managing controls, compliance, processes and systems.
About the Company:
Qumulo is the leading file data platform for multi cloud environments, providing unrivaled freedom, control, and real-time visibility for file data at massive scale. Fortune 500 companies, major film studios, and the largest research facilities in the world trust Qumulo to help them innovate with their mission-critical digital files. The Qumulo experience makes file data management simple with continuous new features, a single solution for all workloads, and access to customer success experts on your schedule.At Qumulo we are building an open and collaborative culture where people can do their best work with customers as our magnetic field. We act as owners, we share by default, we are data driven and experimental and as an inclusive workplace, we welcome and celebrate multiple points of view. As part of our culture we believe diversity drives innovation.Responsibilities:
- Evaluate compensation and benefits programs and make cost effective recommendations that will further Qumulo’s business strategy, competitive advantage for talent, enable scale and improve our people experience.
- Manage global compensation and benefits programs, and implement global company-wide improvements. Ensure programs operate a high standard of consistency, accuracy, and are compliant with company policies and federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Lead the semi-annual pay review cycle, competitive market analysis and off cycle compensation changes, ensuring executive buy-in.
- Assist the VP of People on the administration of executive compensation programs and board material preparation.
- Lead open enrollment, answer benefit plan questions and facilitate resolution of escalated claims investigations and disputes to ensure a positive employee experience.
- Manage vendor contracts and leverage vendor relationships to design and deliver competitive and cost-effective benefit and compensation plans.
- Manage analytics, ensure timely and accurate reports and provide insight to key stakeholders to inform decision making.
- Provide expertise and guidance to key stakeholders and partners across the company.
- Prepare and deliver communications to all levels, including reporting to drive awareness, effectively evaluate programs and identify trends that impact the business.
- Manage HR systems within the compensation and benefits space to ensure employee data is accurately maintained, and partner across the company with key stakeholders.
- Stay on top of trends in best practices and constantly evolve people operations practices by analyzing trends and utilizing data to make recommendations, effectively drive decision making and influence change that enable the company to rapidly scale.
- May manage a small team, providing direction and coaching for career success.
- Strong knowledge in global compensation and benefits including: competitive global rewards practices and delivery models, global job architectures and development of job profiles.
- Demonstrated success managing complex, global projects on time and with excellent quality in a dynamic, high-growth or startup environment.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to rigorously measure and analyze the right things to meet business objectives.
- Passion for detail with demonstrated ownership of quality, constantly seeking to identify and eliminate root cause of errors and inefficiencies.
- Transparent communication style, with the ability to simply and clearly communicate complex concepts; partnered with a high degree of integrity and ability to exercise discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer first mindset, and the ability to build credibility with, and effectively influence, across multiple stakeholders, including executives.
- Possess an experimental mindset and thrive in an environment where you can create, build, and iterate.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies, techniques; Experience with ADP, BambooHR, Benefit Tracking Systems and advanced MS Excel skills, and with selecting and implementing software solutions
- 6 + years experience in compensation and benefits programs and services; people management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related area, or equivalent knowledge; advanced degree and/or CCP designation preferred.