Employee Relations Manager
Are you looking for the opportunity to make a meaningful impact? Do you want to work in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing one of the most exciting industries – travel? Do you thrive in ambiguity and enjoy challenge?
Expedia is seeking an HR Manager to work on the Regional HR Team supporting Employee Relations and regional compliance for our US based employees.
What you'll do:
- Identify employee relations trends and recommend solutions
- Provide guidance to managers on employee relations issues, recommend company’s response to the employee and minimize exposure to liability by ensuring legal requirements are met
- Create and implement solutions to recurring employee performance issues
- Impact the life-cycle of performance management in the following ways:
- Coach local and off-shore leaders with employees in region on performance issues;
- Coach Leaders of Leaders on developing and strengthening their capability to handle escalated issues
- Work directly with front-line managers and employees to resolve under-performance
- Develop new and innovative approaches to performance management issues
- Drive informed decision making through the use of data to identify trends, determine root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions
- Conduct employee investigations, work with leaders to resolve employee complaints, assist leaders with employee separations when needed, etc.
- Participate in cross-region projects and change management activities for mergers and acquisitions, flexible work programs/diversity initiatives, etc.
- Identify and lead process improvements that improve operational rigor and the employee experience
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of Employee Relations experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience handling regional HR or employee relations for one or more locations
- Ability to effectively partner with clients at all levels to take appropriate action in addressing issues
- Maintains knowledge of the latest regulations, trends, and best practices in human resources maintaining the skills to effectively communicate and integrate this knowledge across the organization.
- Ability to navigate cross-functionally for results
- Master’s Degree in HR or MBA preferred
The location for this role is based in Bellevue, WA, moving to Seattle, WA in the fall of 2019.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail
*LI-AG3Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.