Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington. This is an amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington. We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen China. We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone.
Our products are intuitive and easy to use. We partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time.
We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford. This role is based full-time in Kirkland and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city.
If this sounds amazing and something you are excited about—we can’t wait to meet you!
Why we need you:
You are passionate about IoT, our products, our mission, and most importantly people. At Wyze, we know our greatest asset is our people. We have delivered an amazing ecosystem of products that customers love and that add value to people’s lives. How do we do it? It’s due to the hard work and dedication of our team, who bring their passion, curiosity and commitment every day and go above and beyond to delight our users.
We are looking for a Head of People and Culture to support and grow our team as we scale.
We have a diverse team from a range of backgrounds and cultures who have chosen to come together to build something disruptive. In this role you will nurture, support, grow and empower our team as we continue to deliver products that are too good to be true. You will balance analytics and empathy and be equally comfortable working with data and connecting with team members 1 on 1.
You will work closely with the founders and the leadership team to support Wyze’s vision & mission by building the Wyze employment brand, delivering an outstanding employee experience, and curating an exceptional company culture.
You should be interested in innovation—we’re not looking to imitate another company’s HR system. You will make ambitious moves using data-driven approaches to test, learn, and continuously improve the experience of our team. You will create programs that keep our team on track, support a diverse and engaged team, and cultivate a culture our company is proud to embrace.
What will you be doing:
- Lead initiatives to define our team’s key objectives and create frameworks for team members to set goals that align with those objectives and identify measurable results.
- Create programs to grow and develop our team in ways that are inclusive, engaging, empowering, and creative.
- Establish and administer a system to supervise individual development that includes self-reflection, as well as manager and peer feedback.
- Support managers in creating development plans and growth opportunities for their teams.
- Partner with managers and the recruiting team to identify short, medium, and long-term growth needs in order to build and deliver on plans for hiring.
- Own the onboarding experience so that each new team member feels supported, valued, and empowered from day one.
- Administer programs that build community and closer relationships among team members across functions.
- Develop and run benefit and compensation programs that are market-driven, compelling to candidates, promote pay equality, and meet the needs and expectations of our team.
- Solicit feedback from team members on a regular basis and maintain a pulse on the team’s feelings and needs.
- Design and lead Wyze’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and help create a culture where everyone feels welcomed and valued. Spearhead trainings and programs that promote these goals and provide mechanisms for employees to share needs and concerns.
- Leverage technology to automate systems and processes, reduce costs, and create efficiencies across the People Team and Wyze.
- Provide insightful, data-driven reporting to the leadership team that allows partners to make informed decisions based on a full understanding of the Wyze culture and employee and business needs.
You have these qualifications:
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
- You are excited about what we are doing and want to contribute to making our journey a huge success!
- 10+ years of proven experience in HR or People & Culture team at technology or consumer internet companies.
- Experience planning, designing, and/or implementing a comprehensive set of People initiatives that meet the business objectives of the company while supporting and advocating for the team.
- Passion for people development, with the ability to translate your passion into programs that build employee engagement and develop employees at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team-building and coaching, and the ability to guide people through change.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to make decisions like a founder: you quickly develop a strong sense of a company’s culture and values and use those as your north star in decision-making while adding perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility.
- Ability to inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity, and fun.
- Embody the highest ethical standards, integrity, credibility, and character.
- Able to operate at both a strategic and operational level.
Bonus points if you can say yes to the following:
- You have experience in startups.
Ready to be part of #teamwyze then please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile. We also love cover letters that tell us all the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze. We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description