Head of Recruiting
From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is on a growth trajectory like no other. As we change how people buy and sell locally, we are also changing employee’s experience in their job. Our employee experience begins when candidates first meet OfferUp; our Recruiting efforts.
Hiring great people is critical to the continued success of OfferUp. Our Head of Recruiting will develop and lead the strategy for identifying and attracting top candidates, drive efficiencies and best practices in our hiring processes, assist with closing critical hires, all while continuously aligning the recruiting team to meet the needs of our dynamic and growing organization.
As Head of Recruiting, you will use your strong communication skills to apply thought to process, create meaningful candidate experiences and collaborate across organizations to optimize recruiting strategies with an emphasis on quality and diversity in hiring.
- Manage and lead OfferUp’s Recruiting team
- Work collaboratively with the Recruiting team, internal teams and Executive team to develop OfferUp’s recruiting strategy, including elevating and promoting OfferUp as an employer of choice
- Identify trends and leverage knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customized sourcing strategies
- Ensure that recruiting team is managing to milestones and metrics
- Foster a culture of knowledge, trend & best-practice sharing
- Mentor and develop Recruiting team’s skills and manage career development plans and goals
- Track and present departmental and company-wide metrics (including pipeline reporting, interviewer calibration, external talent landscape and candidate quality) and report to the executive and leadership teams
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years technical recruiting experience
- 5+ year’s experience managing and leading internal technical recruiting teams
- Ability to assess team’s workload capacity and delegate responsibilities
- Proven experience scaling the recruiting function - structure, programs, tools, and processes
- Knowledge of industry
- Proven track record of mentoring a high caliber Recruiting team
- Skilled in ATS management and optimization
- Knowledge and experience in innovative and cutting-edge recruiting methods and technologies
- Positive attitude and desire to contribute in a team setting
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
OfferUp is changing how people buy and sell locally by making it as easy as taking and sharing a photo from your phone. We are not just about connecting buyers and sellers; we are about creating a simple and safer marketplace that changes people’s lives. We are a rapidly growing team in Seattle looking to bring on passionate, motivated, and curious people who want to be a part of our fast growing marketplace. Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.