At Chewy, we are disrupting the pet products industry with relentless focus on our mission to be the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. We strive to win at everything we do, whether that means bending over backwards to gain our customers’ trust or cultivating a workplace that empowers our team members to deliver excellence. We aim to wow our customers—and our teams.
We believe in ownership, accountability and value bold visions. We are makers and doers who thrive on the desire to drive results. We approach our roles with a dogged determination and a disposition that is as sunny as the South Florida oceanfront we call home. Sure, we work hard, but we have fun, too, which is not hard to do when you get to bring your favorite four-legged friend to the office.
Chewy is hiring a Head of Talent Acquisition in any Chewy location to lead recruiting strategy, operations, and hiring delivery for our Fulfillment Center Operations business (FC). Working closely with Chief Supply Chain Officer and the Vice President of Fulfillment, this role will act as the lead source of Chewy’s future fulfillment center talent. The Head of TA, FC will be responsible for all aspects of building a business - from designing recruiting strategy, effectively building and managing relationships with senior stakeholders, leading and inspiring a recruiting team, achieving headcount targets and all KPIs. The successful candidate will bring a proven track record of hiring for high volume roles at scale, building systemic and sustainable solutions that support enterprise growth, and automating and innovating. This role requires high passion and prior success in maturing a high-volume recruiting organization to scale.
The Head of FC Talent Acquisition will support a multi-site organization of approximately 18,000 team members across over X number of sites and act as a trusted strategic advisor on the full range of talent acquisition matters to deliver an engaged, highly performing workforce that is aligned to Chewy’s Operating Principles and talent standards. This leader must be both strategic and hands-on, motivated by the challenge to build high-volume talent acquisition solutions to scale, and dedicated to drive business value by partnering with senior leaders to elevate Chewy’s FC talent.
We are seeking an inspiring people leader, a strong cross-functional collaborator, an outstanding communicator, and a nimble, strategic thinker. You will have had expert-level experience driving talent acquisition strategies through the lens of the business for a fast growing private or public company in the retail, eCommerce, or technology space. Finally, you have demonstrated flexibility and willingness to roll up your sleeves to lead your team through ever changing priorities and complex business challenges. A start-up mentality is a must.
What You'll Do:
- Build multi-dimensional recruiting strategies based on internal and external data and benchmarks for both FC Exempt and FC Non – Exempt
- Build a highly scalable, highly efficient candidate attraction machine that predictably yields a high-volume of candidates at the right time, in the right place, every time in a most cost-efficient manner.
- Act as an advisor to executive level stakeholders as the recruiting SME on market trends, recruiting metrics, operational processes, systems and tools
- Streamline the candidate experience including operationalizing opportunities for process improvement and evolution while selling Chewy’s employee value proposition
- Partner with business leaders, HR and Finance to build and maintain an effective workforce plan
- Set vision, direction, and priorities through the development and execution of a strategic roadmap
- Lead, develop and manage a team of leaders and recruiters to hire high quality candidates at scale
- Build programs that improve the hiring of internal and external talent
- Lead and execute employment marketing plans to drive up candidate flow for targeted positions
- Create, teach, and foster diversity and inclusion best practices in all aspects of selection, assessment, and hiring
- Manage headcount plans, progress to hiring goals, and all operational metrics
- Lead experiments that drive efficiency and scale
- Utilize analytical thinking to diagnose business challenges and identify hiring trends
- Build repeatable, programmatic solutions to operational processes
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of experience in strategic recruiting leadership, preferably in high volume, non-exempt environments
- 7+ years of Leading Talent Acquisition leaders and all aspects of headcount planning, setting and inspecting KPIs, and hiring delivery
- 5+ years of experience leading hiring in a hyper growth environment with 1,000+ hires/month or more, or 25-30%+ annual headcount growth
- 5+ years of experience regularly interfacing and communicating with executive leaders up to the C-suite
- 5+ years of experience creating and optimizing Employee Value proposition and retention programs for hourly positions
- Proven track record of building from scratch and utilizing a data-driven approach
- Experience in HR/TA/Business transformation efforts a strong plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Some travel may be required, based on business needs