Head of Talent at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:58 p.m. (PST) on Friday, June 28, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover has seen tremendous growth and success over our 7-year history. From the beginning, one of our main goals has been is to provide our employees with a great place to work. We feel that all great workplaces start with strong recruiting practices. We are dedicated to maintaining a high hiring bar while delighting our applicants with positive candidate experiences. We know that hiring well, especially at scale, will be a the most important driver of our success as an organization. As Rover continues to grow (both nationally and internationally) we are in need of a seasoned Recruiting Leader to help us attract and retain the best talent in the industry. While this role is based in Seattle, we have offices in Barcelona, London, Berlin, Sweden and Spokane, and may open more in the future locations across the globe.
For this role we are looking for someone who is not only passionate about hiring, but is driven by a desire to build a company which balances operational excellence with a welcoming and inclusive employee culture.
The hard work our Recruiting and HR teams have been doing over the past several years is reflected in the amazing employees we’ve attracted to our company and the incredible culture we’ve built over the last 7 years. Come be a part of the Rover journey and help us get to the next chapter of our growth!
- 8+ years of experience in talent acquisition
- 4+ years of experience leading recruiting teams
- Experience with corporate (in house) recruiting, preferably at a mix of small and large companies
- Experience working in startups or high growth environments
- Deep experience recruiting for a variety of roles, especially in the Technology domain, with a heavy focus on candidate negotiations, closing and sourcing
- Proven success in influencing through strong relationships, expertise and data. Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Great communication skills; adept in change management.
- Ability to execute recruiting strategy, including employer promotion in the marketplace, candidate management, and sourcing diverse talent
- Ability to thrive in an innovative, fast-paced and hands-on environment
- Strong track record of building and managing recruiting teams
- Experience managing managers is a plus
- Experience working in both private and public companies is a plus (pre and post IPO)
- Manage a 6 person, tight knit team of recruiters and recruiting coordinators
- Work closely with business leaders, HR business partners, and Finance to ensure that we are hiring to plan
- Oversee recruiting processes company-wide
- Work with our Head of People and Culture to define and execute our global recruiting strategy
- Manage and inspire a team of talented recruiters and recruiting coordinators to deliver results while effectively communicating all critical dimensions of staffing vision, status and business plans with leadership team a broader audience as required
- Help our Senior Leadership Team recruit and hire Director and VP level talent
- Collaborate with and influence complex partner relationships within the organization
- Help us grow and mature our employer brand
- Oversee all recruiting channels
- Work closely with our hiring managers to ensure our bar is kept high and that our hiring decisions align with our values and company goals
- Be an amazing leader to your employees and a strong partner to your stakeholders!
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Read Full Job Description