Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
About the role
As Convoy’s Head of Total Rewards, you will be responsible for leading strategy, design, and development of Convoy’s total rewards programs. You will lead and manage Compensation and Benefits teams, partner with c-level/Board stakeholders, and ensure our Total Rewards programs support Convoy’s overall Business and Talent Strategy. You will be responsible for all elements of compensation (broad-based, executive, cash, and incentive), benefits (core programs and wellness), and compensation analytics (insights for our senior leadership and Board).
- Build and set the vision & strategy for total rewards programs that ensure Convoy attracts, motivates, and retains the best talent for our company.
- Build the team, develop existing talent, and attract exceptional talent to grow the function and deliver exceptional programs.
- Design and deliver all programs and workflows around compensation and benefits (e.g., hiring, compensation refresh cycles, promotions, transfers, budgeting, design, benchmarking, effectiveness assessments, and equity management)
- Partner with our executive team, People, Finance, and Legal, to build and deliver a robust Executive compensation program
- Partner with Legal, Finance on Compensation Committee prep and presentations
- Drive communication and education of total rewards programs and long-term value to employees, managers, and candidates
- Partner with our HR Tech & Ops team, to build tools and systems to deliver total rewards programs
We’re looking for someone who has:
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 10 years of compensation & benefits experience, preferably within a fast-paced, high-growth global company
- Minimum 3 years’ Total Rewards team leadership experience
- Experience in partnering and influencing senior stakeholders (c-team and Board)
- Experience in change management and influencing across complex areas such as pay transparency, tradeoffs in systems, scaling programs through company life stages, etc.
- Approach key decisions and changes with a high level of rigor
- Ability to present multiple solutions/choices to leadership while outlining the appropriate trade-offs
- Demonstrated compensation expertise, or ability to quickly get outside expertise, in the following areas: executive compensation, private and public company equity, bonus plans, wage & classification, salary, market benchmarking, job evaluation, data analysis, research and cost modeling, financial projections, and comprehensive benefits experience that adheres to regulations and supports Convoy’s strategic objectives
- Benefits experience including knowledge of health and wellness plans/perks, leaves and time off practices, and retirement plans
- Possess strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!