HR Business Partner Director at DreamBox Learning
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Right now, even though STEM skills are increasingly important, over 60% of students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are not proficient in math at their own grade-level. The pandemic has increased the opportunity gap for our most vulnerable students. As a society, we need to bring together our best, most creative minds to tackle this critical problem and ensure all kids are successful in math and school and have the tools they need to reach their potential. This includes developing the most innovative learning technology using advanced data science in a way that inspires students and empowers teachers. Come help us make a difference at DreamBox Learning.
We’re passionate about our mission to radically transform the way the world learns. Today, our Intelligent Adaptive Learning platform – with its rigorous math curriculum and game-based environment – is helping 5 million kids and over 150,000 educators improve math achievement and build a love of math at the same time. In the wake of COVID-19, and the broad range of learning experiences: in-person, all virtual and hybrid models, we are uniquely positioned to bring our best-in-class adaptive learning platform to more students and provide Educators and Parents with insights into their student’s learning.
About the Role:
Do you crave the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in a rapidly growing business? Do you want to be in a high pace, high-energy workplace with a mission to radically change the way the world learns?
Our HR Business Partner Director will play a critical role in the future of DreamBox. The key to success will hinge on building strong relationships with our teams and to help develop and implement our bold vision. This position will be responsible for ensuring that our People practice, foster, and support our company mission— by demonstrating an adaptive and customer-centric style while developing and coaching others to engage in what we call benevolent friction (being hard on ideas and soft on people). The ideal candidate will have been in a strategic HR Business Partner role that has built and scaled a variety of HR programs in a growing technology company.
This role will be based in Bellevue, WA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner closely with the business to strategically plan for and design organizational development during the next phase of company growth, including M&A integration
- Apply knowledge in organizational assessment & design while developing, implementing, and evaluating change management programs and organizational problem-solving processes
- Act as a business partner to senior and mid-level management teams by understanding their business, goals, and needs and providing coaching and human resources support and services to leaders and managers at DreamBox
- Manage a team that includes learning & development & HRBP’s
- Act as a coach & advocate for our employee’s engagement & satisfaction
- The HR Business Partner will participate and have a key role in HR projects with broad business impact such as strategic hiring, on-boarding, talent development, performance planning, recognition and reward communication, career building, and training
- Recommend, develop, and implement new HR processes as required to grow the business
- Influence business and talent initiatives that support both short-term & long-term business objectives
- Partner with managers to identify performance improvement opportunities, close performance gaps, address employee relations concerns effectively
- Provide communication coaching and support for managers
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience
- 5+ years of experience as an HRBP in high growth, dynamic technology company across diverse US geography
- Prior people management experience strongly desired
- M&A experience preferred but minimum must have a proven background with change management
- Demonstrated experience as an HRBP who has added perspective and leadership beyond the areas of individual functional responsibility
- Demonstrated competence in various HR functional areas: performance management, talent management, learning & development, and employee enablement
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advise and partner with stakeholders at varying levels
- Proven ability to establish credible relationship & influencing skills
- Demonstrated integrity and ethics in handling confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
- Adaptive and high tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and work independently and demonstrate the ability to adapt
- Strong presentation skills to engage participants
- Eagerness to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in HR information systems, MS Office suite, and SharePoint preferred with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
- Occasional travel (post-pandemic) may be required to support DreamBox meetings or offices
At DreamBox, we are hooked on celebrating diversity & providing an inclusive workplace and it shows throughout our product, brand, and teams. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Thanks for considering DreamBox Learning!
Read Full Job Description