HR Business Partner at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 9, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
You are a seasoned HR Business Partner (HRBP) who is eager to join a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. You will be part of the overall corporate HR team and you will bring the enthusiasm and attitude necessary to get the job done!
You will take ownership of:
- Being a trusted advisor and partner for one or more of Convoy’s lines of business; working closely with leaders to develop plans and deliver solutions to help them align talent strategy with strategic business goals.
- Executing core HR processes targeted to your designated business areas: recognition and rewards, on-boarding, off-boarding, performance management, employee relations, and people programs.
- Serving as the first point of contact for managers and employees for all HR matters; coach and support managers to handle employee issues in a manner consistent with Convoy’s values.
- Assessing organizational needs and drive solutions in performance management, communication, training, diversity and inclusion, career and leadership development.
- Supporting managers in handling conversations regarding career growth, performance management &/or corrective action, compensation, and equity.
- Provide consultation and support to managers in addressing employee issues. Conduct employment-related investigations.
- Act as a change agent champion to ensure the successful implementation of frequent organizational and business change initiatives.
- Reviewing programs and policies for compliance with employment laws, regulations, policies, and best practices and recommend modifications if appropriate.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
You have the following skills and experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of HR Business Partner / HR Generalist experience with increasing levels of responsibility, ideally at a start-up or other fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including employee relations, recruitment, performance management, federal and state laws, compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience managing the HR needs of large employee organizations.
- Spearheading people initiatives, change management, and driving projects through completion.
- You index high on personal resilience and don't get flustered by change or undefined problems.
Nice to have skills/experience:
- PHR / SHRM-CP Certification preferred
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you’re a collaborative team player who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we’d love to hear from you!