At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's HR Business Partner is an HR partner for PitchBook's Product, Research, Editorial and Finance groups. This role works with department leadership on team engagement, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and coaching. This role also provides limited support to PitchBook's office in Mumbai in partnership with local HR leaders. PitchBook's HR Business Partner contributes to the broader People Team on department projects and initiatives that positively impact the employee experience.
At PitchBook, our candidates and employees are our customers, and customers are king! The People Team supports the entire employee journey from attracting candidates to retaining and developing our employees. We work to foster a culture of collaboration, growth and inclusion by developing and executing employee centric programs that are as impactful as they are fun. Our goal is to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing ours with a passion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner and support leaders across Product, Research, Editorial, Finance, and other departments as assigned departments to develop HR strategies to support business goals
- Successfully coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations and serve as primary point of contact for managers on determining resolutions for a wide range of people-related issues
- Diagnose department employee engagement or performance issues and identify solutions to address them
- Partner with our Research department leadership to provide support on working with PitchBook's Mumbai office including cross-cultural communication and best practices with the local HR team
- Partner with People team leadership to plan and execute PitchBook's performance management process
- Provide consultative compensation support to leaders to ensure that PitchBook's compensation strategy is competitive and considers performance and internal equity
- Participate in the advancement of PitchBook's DEI initiatives through coaching and influencing leaders on fostering an inclusive workplace and working to ensure equitable HR systems and processes
- Conduct investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results
- Manage and oversee PitchBook's mobility and visa processes in partnership with HR Generalists
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, and related SOX compliance areas
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered. Professional certifications (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, etc.) are an added bonus
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility in HR roles including demonstrated competence in employee relations, coaching, performance management, HR compliance, HR data analysis, HR tools, and employee communication
- Superior knowledge of US employment law including state specific law in WA, CA, and NY. Experience with international employment law in India as a plus
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions, translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs
- Ability to operate independently, using sound judgement to make decisions
- Process-oriented, organized, metrics-driven with an amazing attention to detail
- Previous leadership or mentorship responsibility with a desire to teach others the ins and outs of HR
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present material to groups in person and via the phone
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily. Previous experience with Workday a plus
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.