HR Generalist / Employee Relations Specialist
Who we are:
Pushpay exists to bring people together by strengthening community, connection, and belonging. As the leading provider of mobile apps and giving technology to churches, schools, and nonprofits, Pushpay helps organizations and their communities stay connected anytime, anywhere.
Engagement is the key to community. In today’s world, “online” or “digital” is no longer cutting edge. Phones have evolved into smartphones, and these personal devices are linking people everywhere to the outside world on their own terms. Now you can harness this cultural shift to connect people with your organization, driving engagement and participation. If you’re interested in learning more about career opportunities, visit pushpay.com.
About the People department:
We are the-people-people. Our mission is to build winning teams across Pushpay. We do this by being a champion for our staff, coaches for our managers, and partners for leadership. We focus on providing four main services to Pushpay: being Ready for all HR matters, Retaining staff key to our success, Recruiting the best talent for Pushpay, and Recommending the best options so our leaders can make informed decisions. Our focus this year is on becoming trusted partners, and we’re achieving this by inquiring then advocating--seeking first to listen and ask questions, then to coach them on how to proceed.
About the position:
The HR Generalist will focus on employee relations and will be a core member of the HR team, focused on supporting our staff by providing support from onboarding and throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will be a trusted advisor, working with Management teams to execute strategies in order to best support and retain talent.
- Participate in maintaining progressive and proactive human resource programs that motivate and reward high performance.
- Manage global immigration processing, working closely with Immigration attorneys, sponsored employees, and managers to ensure applications are processed in a timely fashion
- Coach front line managers to equip them with the right skills and behaviors to have meaningful career conversations, and lead their teams through an ever changing environment
- Partner with HR leadership to implement the talent strategy including the development of succession plans with leaders, developing strategies to mobilize and develop key talent across the business
- Leverage data to generate talent insights to support executives in making effective people decisions
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple layers of an organization, including sales staff as well as executive leadership.
- Coordinate and lead New Hire Orientation Induction and HR Training
- Knowledge of applicable law, regulations, rules, procedures, and administration, is required
- 3-5 years Human Resources and Immigration experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to diagnose problems, evaluate options and decide on a plan of action
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse employee related issues, concerns, situations
- Ability to work with confidential information using discretion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect
- Exceptional detail and follow-up skills
- Experience working on a MAC and utilizing Google Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- Employment law experience, a plus
- 3+ years employee relations or related experience
- Experience in managing employee relations matters; including complex issues regarding discrimination and harassment
- Tech or SaaS company experience, a plus
- SHRM-CP or SHRM certification is desired
- Experience with ADP, preferred