Chef Software is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
At Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We’re writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world’s top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use everyday have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and managed with our code.
As the HR Manager / Senior HRBP you will be an essential partner to our leadership, management and employees as you help build, nurture and sustain our culture. You will provide guidance, counsel and wisdom as we continue to grow and expand our horizons. You will be one of the resident experts on our employment value proposition including compensation, equity, benefits and employee programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will consult with managers on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and talent mapping and development. In tandem with coaching front line and senior leaders you will work with them and their employees to address all types of employee relations, provide compensation support (salary planning, market data hygiene, promotions and job re-leveling). By partnering with the HR leadership team and business leaders you will help align and identify company-wide initiatives with organizational objectives to drive deeper levels of performance and commitment among all Chefs. You will evaluate and prioritize programs to create increasing focus on diversity and inclusion. Through the creation, improvement, and delivery of training content you will up level and inform Chefs on best practices and instrumental improvements to their ability to manage effectively.
Critical Skills, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a HR Generalist, PHR/SPHR preferable, in a dynamic, technology focused environment
- Proven ability to drive consensus across diverse parties, influence high-impact decisions, provide critical feedback, and lead difficult conversations
- Ability to work with employees, supervisors, managers and directors at all levels to identify problems and develop creative solutions, both independently and in cooperation with others on sensitive and confidential matters
- Experience operating in a fast moving organization with a high degree of ambiguity and autonomy
- Excellent tact, judgment, discretion, confidentiality, and diplomacy
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations and the ability to clearly articulate and apply human resources principles and practices to broad and complex issues
- Experience as an HRBP with a high growth technology company
- Credentials as an organizational leader with business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment and ability to cultivate relationships globally
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
At Chef, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products and our community to flourish. Chef is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or Veteran status.