HR Manager (Ziff Davis), Seattle WA
Ziff Davis is a leading global digital-media company operating in three core verticals: Technology, Gaming, and Shopping. We are looking for an awesome experienced HR Manager who will provide full cycle human resources support to our growing technology business units located in Seattle and remote offices in Memphis, TN and Reston, VA. The HR Manager will partner with teams on all activities from employee relations, performance management and compensation, organization support, talent acquisition, onboarding and learning and development. You’ll collaborate with our divisional HR team for benefits, payroll and HRIS. This role will report into our Director of HR at Ziff Davis, but will be located in Seattle, WA in our Ookla office.
Who You Are:
- A Trusted Partner. You will forge strong relationships with employees at all levels and work to identify and develop key HR initiatives and processes with key stakeholders
- Team Player. You have a true hands-on approach and are willing to jump in and help out where needed, while collaborating with the ZD and HR global corporate team for all things HR.
- An Analytical Thinker. Your step-by-step approach to thinking allows you to understand HR policies and implications. You have the ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, demonstrating a passion for providing and implementing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Assist with the development and execution of processes, programs and activities with the Company, Business Units, culture and HR objectives in mind
- Provide day-to-day performance management and employee relations guidance to managers (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions), advising and assisting managers in identifying issues and determining appropriate course of action.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency and commitment to HR best practices and employment laws
- Assist with acquisitions, assuring employees are effectively integrated into the organization.
- Work with managers and employees to identify training & career development opportunities
- Salary planning, market analysis and participation in headcount approval process for salary actions
- Work with the Talent Acquisition team on recruitment strategies, processes and employee retention
- Contribute to the development and implementation of value-added programs such as global recognition programs and office specific events
- Communicate and implement Company policies/processes and recommend department-wide improvement
- 5-7 years HR experience with at least 3 years in a public company supporting a diverse client base
- Experience working in a complex and rapidly changing work environment with significant acquisition activity
- Impeccable attention to the details
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, human resources or accounting majors highly desirable
- Analytical acumen includes strong Excel skills and experience with HR systems and applications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to influence and negotiate at all levels
- Proven, comprehensive understanding of federal/state labor and employment laws
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Willingness to travel to support our offices outside of Seattle.
We offer great benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family, a generous vacation and holiday plan, stand out maternity/paternity leave and more. We also provide the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work.