Avvo is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. Every year millions of people seek professional legal assistance and Avvo has profiles for nearly all 1.3 million US registered lawyers on our platform. We connect those in need of legal services to attorney’s that specialize in the desired area. We are looking for an HR Manager to work with our HR team and support our organization of sales, marketing, engineers, product and corporate functions.
The HR Manager will report to and partner with the HR Leader of People and Culture to develop and implement initiatives that will drive and support our employees. The successful candidate will be a strong HR generalist capable of both backend and frontend HR duties. You will apply your knowledge and experience in HR systems, reporting, payroll, benefits, and employee engagement. Desire and ability to execute on HR initiatives and eventually lead overall HR activities for 250 employee site.
The ideal candidate is able of quickly diagnose problems, and then identify and drive appropriate solutions.
- HR Systems and Reporting
- Input all data into ADP for new hires, exits and changes to employee status on role, benefits etc.
- Provide and detail payroll summary to ensure all changes and inputs for our 2x monthly payroll and partner with our payroll team to ensure accurate payroll process.
- Provide reporting for HR Scorecard and metrics which include but not limited to headcount, attrition and D&I metrics.
- Manage the LOA process which includes communication of LOA process and accurately administering all LOAs in ADP in conjunction with payroll.
- Oversee and ensure timely completion for end of year merit/bonus payouts.
- Employee Engagement
- Consult with people managers, providing HR guidance to our sales, engineering, product, marketing and corporate functions on performance management and employee engagement.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with the legal department as needed/required.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit performance management, restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- New Hire Onboarding
- Oversee the New Employee Onboarding (NEO) process and eventually taking it to an “NEO in a box” online delivery.
- Processing I9’s and all new hire information. Ensuring complete benefit and 401k information and understanding of employee enrollment.
- Processing new hire benefits and ADP enrollment.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met
- Management/Leadership Consultation
- Partner with leaders across the organization to provide people management and developing for all teams.
- Working with leadership to improve organization culture, learning platforms and change management.
- Create and deliver inhouse training programs as applicable to the organization growth.
- Initiative and drive to Get the Right Stuff Done
- HR Business Acumen
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage through change and transition
- Teamwork and proven ability to collaborate across organization
- Performance Management
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience as full scope HR generalist with 6-10+ years overall HR experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including HR systems, reporting, payroll, employee relations, recruiting, diversity and inclusion, compensation practices, performance management, and federal and state employment laws
- Experience supporting a broad client group of 250+ is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant industry experience preferred
- HR Certifications strongly preferred
In addition to our awesome culture, we offer medical, dental, vision benefit package (we pay 100% of our employee premium costs and 50% of their dependents - plus 100% of your medical deductible), free legal advice, an ORCA card, up to three weeks of vacation your first year - and more! Also important to note, Avvo is a dog-friendly employer.
Avvo is centrally located in downtown Seattle just a few blocks away from the Westlake Center. We are a key member of Seattle's tech community and are backed by top venture capital firms, including Benchmark Capital, TCV, and others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.