Human Resource Business Partner at Skilljar (Seattle, WA)
Skilljar is seeking a strategic, people-focused, forward-thinker who is diligent and thrives when making a measurable impact, to join as a Human Resource Business Partner. The talent practices we relied on for decades are constantly evolving, and we are seeking innovative business partners to support our virtual team and ensure our Skillets thrive while achieving strategic objectives, in an ever-evolving climate. This individual will be focused on enhancing culture through intentional employee experience design.
The HRBP will be both strategic and hands-on while providing full-cycle Human Resource support to our employees and leaders. We will look to this person to partner with management on HR related issues such as employee relations, employee success, performance management, organizational change, and compensation. Successful candidates will have experience working as a change agent for cultural evolution and process improvement to continue making Skilljar a special place to work!
We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a vibrant environment. You must be nimble, highly collaborative, and able to think on your feet. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.You will:
- Partner and support leaders across defined client groups as assigned and develop HR strategies to support business goals. Proactively collaborate with our leadership team to develop and enhance programs to facilitate employee success and a positive team experience in line with achieving key strategic objectives and results.
- Effective program development to address internal opportunities that support our talent in the areas of Employee Experience & Enablement, DEIB, Learning and Development, HR Technology & employee helpdesk.
- Successfully coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations and serve as the main point of contact for managers on determining resolutions for a wide range of people-related issues, including workforce planning.
- Diagnose department employee engagement or performance issues and identify solutions to address them.
- Conduct investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results.
- Manage and oversee Skilljars visa processes
- Guarantee adherence with all federal, state and local employment laws in all employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, and related compliance areas.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Administer total compensation programs including benefits, bonus programs, stock and salary administration, as well as other record keeping through our online HRIS system.
- Support a positive employment experience through activities and events that reinforce our cultures and values.
- Define and track employee experience metrics for talent programs, retention, and development at Skilljar, in addition to managing on and off boarding of Skillets.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR role in the Technology industry. Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices and employment law in Washington State.
- In-depth experience with employee engagement, virtual office environment, preferred.
- Track record of successful HR Technology implementation, including creation of workflows and processes at scale.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external partners.
- Self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Skillet Social events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of forward-thinking, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.