Skilljar is seeking an HRBP to support the creation of our radical workplace redesign. The talent practices we relied on for decades are quickly evolving and we are seeking innovative business partners to support our virtual team and ensure our Skillets and business goals thrive in an ever evolving climate.
You are a strategic HR professional who partners with leadership to drive business results. You are an intentional connector, you partner with the full scope of the department and have a pulse on how the entire team is operating. You have demonstrated mastery in three or more functional areas outlined below. You bring five or more years of experience in coaching, consulting and advising to the table.
Functional Areas of Expertise: Employee Engagement & Experience Design, DEI, Learning and Development, HR Tech Implementation and optimization, Workforce planning, Program management, Total Rewards.
- Partner and support leaders in your assigned departments and develop HR strategies to support business goals.
- Collaborate with leaders to develop and enhance programs and to facilitate employee success, including a positive team experience in line with achieving key business objectives and results.
- Effective program development to address internal opportunities that support our talent in the areas of Learning & Development, DEI, Employee Engagement and Total Rewards.
- Participate in the advancement of Skilljar's DEI initiatives through coaching and influencing leaders on fostering an inclusive workplace and working to ensure equitable HR systems and processes, create and implement DEI roadmap.
- Successfully coach and counsel managers on maintaining positive employee relations and serve as primary point of contact for managers on determining resolutions for a wide range of people-related issues, including workforce planning.
- Diagnose department employee engagement or performance issues and identify solutions to address them.
- Partner with cross functional groups to provide support on employment branding and company wide communication.
- Conduct investigations in response to employee relations issues and recommend/implement courses of action based on investigation results.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, and related SOX compliance areas.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Support a positive employment experience through activities and events that reinforce our cultures and values.
- Define and track key metrics for talent programs, retention, and development at Skilljar, in addition to managing on and off boarding of Skillets.
- 7+ years of experience in an HR role in the Technology industry. Startup experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven success in executing Human Resource strategies, initiatives, projects and programs from inception, through implementation and to a results evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to design employee experiences and programs that surprise and delight SaaS teams.
- In-depth understanding of HR best practices and employment law in Washington State.
- In-depth benefits and compensation administration experience desired, experience with SaaS compensation plans preferred.
- Ability to work effectively both independently, collaboratively and cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-sufficient, results-oriented with a commitment to quality, service and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Strong proficiencies in Google Apps as well as Microsoft Office.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Arizona.