At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
This role is a key position in the Human Resources department, providing first-stop support to Blue Nile employees and owning the foundational operational processes and procedures for the department. Superior communication, exceptional attention to detail, strong customer service and problem solving skills are required for success in this position.
What you will do:
- Maintains all employee record and change information in the HRIS/Payroll system and various benefit carrier sites like 401k or HSA including: onboarding, status changes, pay changes, reporting relationships and terminations.
- Coordinates updates to HRIS/Payroll (Paychex) within Finance-driven payroll processing schedules; ensure all information is complete and accurate by reconciling data with other systems and paper files within expected timeframes for the rhythm of business.
- Creates and maintains physical and electronic employee files and forms, ensuring compliance.
- Completes and accountable for compliance related onboarding paperwork including but not limited to: background checks, eVerify, I-9 forms, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating new hire onboarding process and orientation program logistics when scheduled.
- Creates, audits and maintains various reports as requested
- Own and maintain organizational data, reports and charts ensuring that all information sources are up to date and accurate.
- Assist in maintaining employment law compliance by tracking changes and updates needed for labor related postings, EEOC and I-9 documentation
- Submit annual EEO-1 survey data.
- Responds to unemployment claims and employment verification requests.
- Administers or assists on various HR programs including parking & transportation, gym memberships, service awards, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert, information resource for the HR department, employees, managers and external contacts, answering general inquiries and researching to resolve issues.
- Assists with annual benefits open enrollments, performance management cycles and other cyclical events as needed.
- Assists in coordinating company recognition programs and planning employee events when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will bring:
- 1+ years experience in a similar position
- Bachelors Degree and/or professional certification preferred
- Proven history of providing phenomenal customer service with both internal and external contacts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; strong Excel skills, preferred
- Knowledge of HR concepts, policies and procedures with a clear understanding of legal compliance requirements
- Must be a self-starter, work independently and possess the ability to take on new tasks with little guidance
- High level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail; strong analytical, math, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and responsive to changing priorities
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus