About the Position
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to join our highly successful People Team.
If you have experience in the HR field, are motivated, energetic, resourceful, and have great judgment, this could be the opportunity for you! The successful candidate will provide support to employees in all HR related disciplines including, but not limited to employee relations, policy guidance, talent management, organizational development, and performance management. This position will report to the Head of Human Resources.
- Serve as a coach and liaison between employees and management on general consulting issues as well as employee relations and performance management situations.
- Research and interpret policies and procedures.
- Respond to day-to-day inquiries from clients.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees and identify and analyze exit trends.
- Work with managers on informal rewards & recognition options (programs, incentives, etc) as well as the annual compensation process and the benchmarking of a variety of jobs.
- Help develop and implement strategies for building and retaining a diverse workforce.
- A minimum of 5 years of HR generalist experience, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience in all major HR disciplines is preferred, as is the ability to understand client needs and related business drive
- Strong Employee Relations experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail, follow-through, drive for results and initiative.
- Keen customer focus, relationship-building skills, and the ability to deliver commitments on a timely basis.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve problems and make decisions independently.
- Strong judgment, conceptual thinking skills, and the ability to clarify key issues in complex situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates must be willing and available to work hours as required to meet client needs, which may vary and include travel.
- Familiarity with HR Systems such as Lever, Paylocity, Charthop, Workday
What Assurance Offers
At Assurance, we strive for audacious goals, and we’re relentless in our pursuit to be the very best we can be, personally and professionally. Our benefits program is intended to enable every Assurance employee to be the best version of themselves. Our culture clears the way for you to challenge yourself and achieve the impossible. Learn more about life at Assurance!
Trust and Autonomy
At Assurance, we hire experts in their field, and we give them the independence and trust to build based on their expertise. We find that brilliant people, given this freedom and trust, will collaborate to build far more amazing things than they could ever be directed to create.
Drive to Innovate
We don't settle for the status quo – we're a team of innovators who believe that there’s almost always a better way. We operate on first principles – we challenge commonly held assumptions to create new and better solutions from scratch. In our short history we’ve made a lot progress with this mentality, launching new business lines and innovative products constantly. Following our historic acquisition by Prudential, we have more support than ever to innovate and change the world of insurance and financial services.
We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth. We prioritize what is best for the whole and avoid focusing on what is best for the individual. We all care about achieving goals more than looking good, and we're eager to constantly be learning from each other.
Flexible Working Environment
Your schedule and working hours are up to you at Assurance. We care more about results than when and where you get your work done, and we find that a flexible schedule can help alleviate the stress of a rigid work-life balance.
Unlimited Time Off
We work hard, so it’s important that we take time to refresh and reset when we need it. We empower our employees to take the time that make sense for them.
Nutritional Snacks and Weekly Lunches
We encourage a healthy lifestyle for employees in all ways that we can, and we don’t want it to be tough to find sustenance when you’re hard at work! We provide healthy, nutritional snacks throughout our office, and outstanding local coffee. We also host a weekly lunch, featuring top local restaurants, to accompany our all-company meeting.
We want to make sure it’s easy for you to get to and from work, so we a provide free public transportation or greatly subsidized parking close to our office.
From the beginning, our founders believed that beautiful, open, inspiring spaces lead to energy and creativity. We seek beautiful office spaces in all of our locations, and in 2020 we’ll be taking occupancy of a stunning new office on the top two floors of Madison Center in downtown Seattle – this space features floor to ceiling windows with stunning 360 degree views of the Puget Sound, and an exclusive private rooftop deck.
Competitive Health Benefits
Access to high quality healthcare is core to our business, and we care that our employees don’t have to worry about visiting a doctor. All employees receive competitive health, dental, and vision benefits packages.
Choice of High-End Equipment
We want to make sure you’re empowered to create amazing things. We give new employees the option of a variety of high-end computers and accessories.
We believe in the importance of investing in yourself in a variety of ways, including financially. We offer a strong 401k plan, with options to invest in traditional, Roth, and after-tax options, all backed by a best-in-class platform from Prudential.