Internal Events Manager at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:15 p.m. (PST) on Friday, February 7, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better. We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Text Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward.
You’re passionate about helping build a world-class employee experience at Convoy. In this role, you will help deliver Convoy’s employee engagement strategy through internal events and engagement activities. You’ll play a critical role as we continually evolve and improve our organizational culture. By helping deliver and grow Convoy’s internal events and activities, you’ll help our employees feel connected to Convoy’s mission, vision, values and to one another. You are a team player and are someone who enjoys getting their hands dirty.
You'll have the following skills and experience:
- 4+ years of related experience in face-to-face and virtual events (internal or external), including end-to-end management of content, AV, and technical requirements
- Experience planning and executing events at scale, across multiple locations and time zones
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple events concurrently and deliver results in ambiguous settings.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and attention to detail.
- Good collaboration, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment.
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health &Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!