From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
About the role:
OfferUp is expanding its recruiting team. We’re actively moving from 6-12 team members and we’re looking for a Recruiting Lead to help manage the expanding team and act as a contact point for the leadership of multiple orgs. This is a truly exciting time to join OfferUp - we’re in a major growth phase and we’re just scratching the surface of what's to come
We’re looking for someone who is scrapy, able to work with limited resources and products and influence change at scale.
- Mentor and develop junior and mid level recruiting team members. Focusing on market knowledge, sourcing tactics, closing strategies and deep love for candidate experience.
- Design customized and executable staffing plans across numerous Orgs (both tech and ops focused).
- Create innovative sourcing strategies and ensuring a high-touch candidate experience
- Act as a client lead for OfferUp’s HMs and Directors. Ensuring quality relationships with recruiting and transparency into our processes.
- Partner with HR and other critical support functions to ensure future success of recruiting team.
- Compile & analyze data to support business decisions and plans as necessary, or to influence key stakeholders.
- Ability to Research and learn; we’re looking for an individual who can learn new tech and product domains quickly and understand how to craft effective search strategies within those areas
- Excellent communication skills; a strong writer and presenter who can engage the keep the attention of busy, senior leaders.
- 6+ years of recruiting experience with technical and non-technical organizations
- 3+ years of leadership experience guiding recruiting teams
- Expertise in full lifecycle recruiting in a challenging tech market (Bay Area, NYC, Seattle, etc)
- Experience managing teams of 2-10 recruiters/sourcers
- Data analysis and analytical experience - for reporting to key stakeholders
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.