Learning and Development Manager
Learning & Development Manager
- Have a passion for creating, managing and continuously improving employee immersion programs to help our people be successful right off the bat
- Are efficient, productive and meticulous, and have a passion for creative problem solving
- Can dive into the details while also seeing and driving the bigger picture
- Can thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- A growing, dynamic, fast-paced, results oriented HR organization
- An evolving global HR organization which gets to design and create
- Collaborative team that is building, building, building
What we want you to do:
As the Learning and Development Manager, you will be responsible for creating, managing and continuously improving our Bootcamp process for new hires. We rely on you to understand the needs of the business, our business challenges, and how to help Apptio employees get up to speed and productive in a short amount of time. Using this internal knowledge and your understanding of adult learning principles and techniques, your focus will be to develop strong talent solutions to support the growth and development of our employees in a way that is reflective of our culture and brand. In addition you will help design management and employee development training and delivery those trainings across multiple geos and multiple platforms.
The role is a mixture of learning & development and change management and requires someone who is accomplished in not only the academic side of these disciplines, but also the practical application and implementation.
- Create and execute a learning & development plan for various audiences (leadership, people management, personal effectiveness).
- Establish a scalable approach to program delivery/facilitation.
- Deliver Bootcamp programs in person and virtually.
- Certification to deliver Insights sessions preferred.
We Are Looking For Someone Who:
- Aligns with our company culture and has an authentic approach to connecting with people.
- Understands how to translate our brand and culture into learning solutions that resonate with employees and positively impact the business.
- Is highly collaborative & team-oriented.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation, listening) and the ability to interface comfortably at all levels of the organization.
- Takes a fresh, innovative approach to learning and development with a focus on both business impact and employee engagement.
- Is adept at program design, vendor selection and management as well as implementation and administration of a learning curriculum
- Has experience with and strong external networks in the areas of learning and development (leadership, people management, and personal effectiveness), coaching, mentoring, program delivery/facilitation and experiential learning.
- Is up to speed on trends and technology that can be leveraged to support effective and engaging development.
- Has experience with developing and delivering effective solutions to multiple levels/audiences within an organization.
- Is energized by a high growth, high change environment.
- Can operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- Has the ability and passion for building versus maintaining.
- Is flexible and can adapt easily to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Has a strong work ethic and well-honed prioritization and organization skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well in the grey areas.
- Is a strategic thinker and demonstrates the ability to propose and implement ideas and solutions all towards the end goal of helping us build a strong learning & development approach to benefit employees and the business overall.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or Master’s degree in related field highly preferred.
- 5+ years experience with L&D
- Preferred multi- industry experience for employers supporting headcount of 1,00+. Rapid growth software experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge and experience in creating and implementing strategic and impactful Human Resources initiatives;
- Experience in Learning & Development, OE/OD and coaching.
- Understands key HR theories, practices and emerging ideas, but is practical rather than academic in approach.
- Knowledge and experience with technologies that support learning & development (e-learning, LMS, etc).
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.