Learning & Development Manager at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
The Learning & Development Manager will play a critical role within the People Ops team in the development and execution of our overall learning and development strategy. As our first Learning & Development manager, you’ll connect the company goals and strategies with our employee development and training programs. The L&D Manager will partner with the People Ops team and Sr. leadership in identifying learning and training needs, then will be the owner to source and/or develop, and execute impactful development programs, training initiatives, and training tools that optimize L&D within Zipwhip.
What's the job really?
- Assesses business training needs and design learning programs to meet corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Own, develop and deliver on the training road map.
- Enhance New Employement Orientation (NEO) & training programs that will help attract, engage, connect, and retain our employees.
- Develop training programs & intiatives that align to our company culture, values, and where employees feel empowered to do their best work.
- Align all our L&D initiatives to the company’s mission as well as our operational goals.
- Plan, organize, setup, and facilitate training events
- Collaborate with leaders, managers, and other organizational experts to develop and deliver on critical training needs.
- Develop and maintain organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Consistenty measure and evaluate the effectiveness of learning programs by conducting follow-up studies of all completed training.
- Own the required compliance training schedules and programs.
What you bring to the table:
- 7 + years of learning and development experience with software traning & development experience
- 5+ years of facilitating training programs and delivering presentations
- Passion for teaching and creating a positive learning environment for employees
- You foster a diverse and inclusive culture that reinforces company values and vision.
- Experience with a variety of learning management systems (LMS) and learning tools & technologies
- Able to link business decision to results, understands Return on Investment (ROI) of decisions/actions
- Ability to partner with business leaders and stakeholders in developing strategic learning plans
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Consistent track record of delivering learning programs and plans on time and with high engagement.
- Strong relationship builder who builds credibility and trust.
- BA/BS strongly preferred in business, communication, education or related field though will consider candidates with relevant business experience.
- Technically savvy with with proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and online meeting technologies, LMS, etc.
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices
- Core values-based leadership
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Complimentary access to a fitness center
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.