Learning & Development Trainer at Smartsheet
Smartsheet is seeking a talented and inspiring individual to become part of the Learning & Development Team as a Learning & Development Trainer. This L&D professional will help build and deliver Smartsheets training initiatives for both leaders and individual contributors. The Trainer will play a critical role in developing our employees and leaders, personally and professionally, by creating and facilitating skills training across multiple formats and locations.
- You will facilitate classroom workshops and deliver soft skills training sessions to leaders and individual contributors company-wide
- Conduct weekly New hire orientation/onboarding training
- You will consult with HRBP’s and members of the business, conduct learning needs analyses, work with SMEs (if applicable) to plan, design and craft training courses in a variety of formats including instructor-led and eLearning
- You will coordinate related course administration including enrollments, assessments, and evaluation
- You will handle learner and content administration in the Learning Management System
- You will work with other internal functions to design and standardize learning content
- As part of the role you will work closely with Leadership to promote the program, encourage engagement and measure success
- Collaborate with international colleagues to ensure global consistency
- Creates training materials, guides, manuals, learning aids, and reference materials
- 3+ years’ experience in a corporate training environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent vocational accreditation in instructional design, L&D or related field OR relevant experience
- Demonstrable excellence in classroom facilitation, especially delivering soft skills training
- Deep understanding of instructional design methodologies and adult learning principles
- Certifications in Situational Leadership, Hogan Assessments, and/or Insights Discovery highly desirable
- Experience with Learning Management Systems and eLearning software, preferably Articulate/Rise/Storyline
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management, prioritization and multitasking abilities
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work as part of a team are critical
- Real passion for developing people and organizations to fulfill their potential
- Some travel may be required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do the right thing, everytime
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly, while showing you care personally
Driven: Be a self-starter, operate with urgency, go after ambitious goals, and focus on results
Innovative: Be observate, curious, and challenge the status quo
Effective: Deliver high-quality solutions that have a real impact on customers and the business
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.