Smartsheet is looking for a Manager, Compensation who is a proactive, customer focused, problem solver with compensation expertise. The primary focus for this role will be to assist in leading our competitive global compensation programs to help recruit, retain, and motivate our most valuable resources. We are growing fast, and this individual has the opportunity to help shape how we build and manage the global compensation function.
This full-time position is a key role, reports to the Director, Compensation, and is based in Smartsheet HQ in Bellevue, WA.
- Responsible for assisting in the short and long-term compensation strategy and execution, including, but not limited to job leveling, career-pathing, attraction and retention, reward and recognition, incentive design, communication methods, and education.
- Lead compensation programs and annual and mid-year review cycles including design, administration, distribution, and communication, of compensation programs.
- Partner with recruiting, HR business partners, and management in evaluating jobs and benchmarking new hire and ongoing compensation positions.
- Consult with leaders and managers on relevant compensation issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, management, and business partners.
- Monitor and interpret FLSA and other international, federal, state and local laws regulating compliance for salary and pay policies.
- Support Director of Compensation and participate or lead special compensation or equity projects, as needed.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in HR, Finance, Accounting or other related field with a preference for experience in compensation administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or related discipline.
- Strong analytical, project management, and program development skills.
- Self-motivated to increase knowledge of compensation administration, build relevant skill sets, and deliver exceptional programs, products, and consulting to our business.
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.