Manager, Engineering Recruiting at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:06 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, October 5, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
You will be responsible for improving efficiency and effectiveness of the hiring process and serving as a trusted partner to your business stakeholders. You are a strategic leader who will iterate and execute on our hiring initiatives as we grow our organization. You will work closely with your recruiters to maintain and improve the end to end hiring process. You have a strong recruitment background with a passion for developing and mentoring a team that consistently meets and exceeds hiring targets. You are a team leader with the ability to make effective decisions both quickly and thoughtfully.
You are a player coach who enjoys both managing a team of Recruiters and requisitions end to end.
- Drive key initiatives forward including diversity efforts and Influence of employer and talent brand.
- Own end to end recruiting for a full and diverse pipeline for various roles at Convoy.
- Develop your teams recruiting expertise, and facilitate their professional development.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with management and cross-functional stakeholders internally (e.g. Finance/HR/Engineering).
- Encourage open lines of communication between yourself and the broader recruiting team.
- Amplify a culture of ongoing feedback and transparency.
- Continually strive to improve the hiring process by building new processes and improving existing ones.
- Foster trust-based relationships with candidates, gaining a close understanding of their requirements and concerns.
- Drive accountability and best practices across your team.
- Engage in effective recruitment methods to determine useful applicant markets.
- Become a contributing member of the recruiting leadership team that effectively embodies and promotes the culture and values of Convoy, and lead the team to do the same.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of experience as a high performing recruiter and mentor within the Engineering sector.
- Proven success in building strong partnerships at the leadership and team level.
- Demonstrated track record in utilizing data and metrics.
- Experience building inclusive and diverse teams for recruiting and for the business.
- A good eye for talent with the ability to efficiently assess and teach others how to do the same.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence to be in front of internal and external leaders.
- Ability to prioritize workload and adapt to last-minute changes.
- Ability to maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor with direct reports, hiring managers, and all members at Convoy.
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!