At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Manager, HR Operations plays an integral role in designing, implementing and optimizing systems and processes that support the employee experience. In coordination with our parent company, our Manager, HR Operations ensures that employee data is accurate, that changes occur seamlessly and that questions and processes around benefits, perks and immigration are managed seamlessly. This role works in partnership with the global People team to ensure PitchBook stands out as an employer of choice.
At PitchBook, our candidates and employees are our customers, and customers are king! The People Team supports the entire employee journey from attracting candidates to retaining and developing our employees. We work to foster a culture of collaboration, growth and inclusion by developing and executing employee centric programs that are as impactful as they are fun. Our goal is to make the jobs of our coworkers easier by doing ours with a passion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage, and mentor People Team members on operational processes, data management, benefits, leaves, and immigration across PitchBook's US and UK offices
- Act as the main point of contact with our parent company Morningstar for HR operations initiatives including Workday HRIS data management, benefits-related questions, and immigration needs
- Manage employee data tracking and changes (via Workday and other systems) to ensure record keeping and reporting requirements are accurate and timely
- Manage PitchBook's leave of absence process across US and UK offices and ensure compliance with local and national regulations and that employees understand their benefits
- Facilitate new hire and ongoing employee training programs related to benefits, perks, and HRIS systems and processes
- Manage PitchBook's mobility and visa processes in partnership with HRBPs
- Oversee employee compensation change requests along with commission and bonus processing. Partner with PitchBook's Finance team to ensure accuracy and continuous improvement in both process and reporting
- Efficiently scale processes in a way that leverages self-service, automation, and technology. Measure and manage to a high standard of customer service
- Oversee and produce reporting and analysis for employee data as requested
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws in all employee related practices including FLSA, FMLA, HIPAA, EEO, ADA, and related SOX compliance areas
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered. Professional certifications (SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, etc.) are a bonus
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility in HR roles including demonstrated competence in HR compliance, HR data analysis, employee benefits, leave of absence, immigration, HR tools, and employee communication
- 2+ years of previous leadership or mentorship responsibility with a desire to teach others the ins and outs of HR operations
- Experience effectively utilizing an HRIS, ideally Workday, for data tracking and reporting
- Superior knowledge of US employment law including state specific laws in WA, CA, and NY. Experience with international employment law in the UK a bonus
- Proven ability to diagnose problems using strategic thinking skills and identify and drive appropriate solutions, translate business strategy and goals into optimal HR processes that are scalable, simple, customer-focused and adaptable to unique and changing business needs
- Ability to operate independently, using sound judgement to make decisions
- Process-oriented, organized, metrics-driven with an amazing attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to present material to groups in person and via the phone
- Ability to handle confidential information discreetly and protect employee privacy
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily. Previous experience with Workday a plus
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.