North America, Human Resource Director
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing E-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley."
Are you looking for the opportunity to defy the ordinary as an HR leader? Can you think strategically and execute flawlessly? This business-oriented HR professional should understand how to integrate HR objectives with business strategy to drive performance, accountability, change, organizational alignment, and management effectiveness in a diverse and inclusive environment. Who are you? You have experience in both start up and enterprise level companies. You are willing to roll up your sleeves, get into the detail, and solve difficult issues. You are passionate about building a center of excellence for the North America Human Resource organization.
Specific things you will be working on….
- Partner with the business on a broad spectrum of HR related matters including but not limited to organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, total rewards, skills assessment and development, performance management, learning and development.
- Audit, edit and develop relevant HR policy and practices from a global perspective
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, etc.)
- Works closely with management and employees to improved work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the HR team to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Understand the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies.
- Contribute to special and cross-functional projects as needed; demonstrate ability to put together project plans and execute effectively.
- Identify and anticipate potential risks and translate solutions into scalable processes and systems.
What we are looking for…
- BS/BA degree required, MBA or advanced degree in HR preferred.
- 12+ years of experience with at least 5 years in a management leadership position.
- Global technology experience working in high growth fast paced environments in both enterprise and startup environments – e-commerce experience a plus.
- Hands on professional with the ability and willingness to get into the details and solve difficult problems.
- Experience working with all levels of an employee workforce – direct labor/hourly, professional/technical and C level executives. Knowledge of different workforce models (e.g., flexible model).
- Experience in HR business partnering and operational execution in talent acquisition, workforce planning, total rewards, employee relations, training and development, organizational design and effectiveness and diversity and inclusion.
- Must deliver timely results in an environment where ambiguity and barriers can slow you down.
- Logical, analytical and metrics driven.
- Depth in employee relations.
- Excellent communication, strategic thinking, HR legal/compliance and influencing skills.
- Travel requirements up to 20% both domestically and internationally.
- Professional level language skills in Korean is a plus.
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K matching
- Catering lunches thrice in a week
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile and fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please notify [email protected]