North America, Human Resource Leader
Coupang is one of the largest and fastest growing E-commerce platforms on the planet. Our vision is to create a world in which Customers ask “How did I ever live without Coupang?” We are looking for passionate builders to help us get there. Powered by world-class technology and operations, we have set out to transform the end-to-end Customer experience -- from revolutionizing last-mile delivery to rethinking how Customers search and discover on a truly mobile-first platform. We have been named one of the “50 Smartest Companies in the World” by MIT Technology Review and “30 Global Game Changers” by Forbes. Coupang is a global company with offices in Beijing, Los Angeles, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, and Silicon Valley."
Are you looking for the opportunity to defy the ordinary as an HR leader? This business oriented HR professional should understand how to integrate HR objectives with business strategy to drive performance, accountability, change, organizational alignment, leadership and management effectiveness in a diverse and inclusive environment. Who are you? Someone who has experience in both start up and enterprise level companies. You are passionate about building a center of excellence for the North America Human Resource organization.
Specific things you will be working on….
- Partner with the business on a broad spectrum of HR related matters including but not limited to organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, skills assessment and development, performance management, learning and development.
- Provides guidance on HR policy and interpretation
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies
- Provides input to improving and standardizing HR policies and processes.
- Provides advice and counsel to business leaders & employees and their respective organizations; engage in strategic planning meetings to translate business needs into HR plans.
- Understands the needs of the organization in terms of achieving maximum organizational performance and efficiencies,
- Contributes to special and cross-functional projects as needed; demonstrate ability to put together project plans and execute effectively.
- Identify & anticipate potential risks and translate solutions into scalable processes and systems.
- Responsible for diagnosing issues and decide the best way to approach, solve complex issues effectively.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
What we are looking for…
- BS/BA degree required, MBA or advanced degree in HR preferred
- At least 10+ years of progressive work experience in the HR industry, with 6yrs in leadership
- At least 5+ years supporting tech and/or e-commerce companies, both enterprise and hyper growth companies
- Logical & analytical, pursue hands-on approach, and have theoretical HR knowledge & skill such as HR strategy, US and CA labor law, organizational development & effectiveness, people development, and compensation & benefit.
- Has proven track record of developing scalable HR processes and done a successful implementation targeting diversified work force ranging from dispatch, associate level to senior leader level.
- Ability to partner with senior executives, and teams within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Business acumen, excellent communication skills, influence skills, strategic thinking and planning/project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast paced, rigorous environment.
- Strong sense of accountability, confidentiality and attention to compliance.
- Depth in employee relations
- Competence in organizational development, organizational design, talent management, coaching, compensation management and the ability to deal effectively with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and data interpretation skills with ability to analyze data using HRBI
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws such as EEOC, FSLA and ADA is required
- Ability to design and implement HR strategies in alignment with both business and HR functional objectives. Examples may include diversity programs, workforce planning, employee engagement, key talent retention programs
- Strong knowledge and application of data analytics, org design and development principles, strategic planning and change management methodologies
- Travel requirements up to 25% domestically, including International travel
- SPHR Certification a plus
- Professional level language skills in Korean is a plus
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K matching
- Catering lunches thrice in a week
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Mobile & fitness reimbursement
- Flexible working hours
Coupang is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please notify [email protected]