Payroll Analyst at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:03 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Payroll enables our employees to have confidence in getting paid timely and accurately while supporting other stakeholders in making well informed decisions as it relates to human capital.
- Process accurate and timely on and off cycle payroll, as required, and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, policies and regulations.
- Understand how leaves, garnishments, benefits, 401(k) plans, stock options, etc. relate to payroll and our systems and perform audits in these areas as necessary.
- Be the main point of contact for employee questions related to payroll and create and maintain employee resources for payroll.
- Understand incentive compensation plans and calculations to ensure proper payroll processing.
- Register new local and state tax jurisdictions and partner with third party vendors to expand payroll internationally.
- Handle research, testing and resolution of payroll tax issues from the IRS, state or local tax jurisdictions.
- Review and verify quarterly and annual tax reconciliation reports.
- Complete the year end requirements including processing of W-2’s, annual reconciliations, and review submission of wage data to state and local governments.
- Administer stock option activities as it relates to payroll.
- Contribute to the month end accounting process including daily, bi-weekly, and monthly payroll journal entries as needed and payroll and benefits related account reconciliations.
- Deliver audit support and ad hoc business data needs as requested.
- Assist IT with managing Workday integrations, configurations and upgrades as needed.
- Partner with other internal organizations to consult/advise on projects or initiatives that may affect payroll.
- Work with the Controller to develop proper internal control policies, procedures and documentation for compliance.
- Perform other ad hoc project-based activity as needed.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of full payroll processing experience.
- Workday HRIS experience.
- Deep knowledge of payroll fundamentals and processes including federal and multi-state tax regulations.
- Adept in analysis of payroll data, process improvements, and quick thinking to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer focused thought process.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple projects and tasks with hard deadlines.
- Ability to adapt well to a fast-paced environment with changing circumstances, directions and strategy.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with Workday Foundation Data Model (FDM) is a plus
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!