Payroll Specialist at Outreach
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:29 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
We are looking for a knowledgeable Payroll Specialist to process and manage the company’s payroll. You will be the one to calculate wages based on hours worked and administer payments.
A payroll specialist is able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency. They are good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. They also have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives.
The goal is to ensure personnel receives the correct compensation in a timely manner.
Your Daily Adventures will include
- Gather information on hours worked for each employee
- Calculate the correct amount incorporating overtime, deductions, bonuses etc. with assistance of a computer system
- Receive approval from upper management for payments when needed
- Prepare and execute pay orders through an electronic system or distribute paychecks
- Administer statements of payment to personnel either electronically or on paper
- Process taxes and payment of employee benefits
- Keep track of hour rates, wages, compensation benefit rates, new hire information etc.
- Address issues and questions regarding payroll from employees and superiors
- Prepare reports for upper management, finance department etc.
- 1 - 3 years experience assisting with handling full cycle payroll process
- Experience handling expense reports and separation agreements preferred
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional and discretionary manner
- Good knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll (such as Sarbanes-Oxley Act or FLSA)
- Working knowledge of payroll systems
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now is a plus
- Comfortable with Excel (functions, data etc.)
- An analytical mind with good math skills
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in accounting or similar field of experience preferred
Why You’ll Love It Here
• 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen
Read Full Job Description