Receptionist/HR Assistant at Blue Nile
Founded in 1999, Blue Nile has grown to become the largest online retailer of certified diamonds and fine jewelry and we are continuing to grow.
Receptionist/Human Resources Assistant
Blue Nile has big goals for our Human Resources group. We’re working hard to develop long-term people strategies to support our growth, build an undeniably remarkable employer brand and implement HR programs that will ensure the success of our people.
This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a Receptionist who will be the welcoming face of the company at our HQ; greeting guests and employees, answering and forwarding calls, and generally knowing a little bit about a lot of things and people. As an office coordination expert, you’ll oversee building access and key cards, manage conference room schedules, open and close the office, stocking office supplies and sort incoming/outgoing mail. As a pseudo-restaurateur, you’ll own keeping the entire office caffeinated by overseeing the kitchen and café offerings and maintaining cleanliness. You’ll be the point of contact for vendors to ensure the office is running smoothly from a facilities and maintenance perspective. As an HR Assistant, you’ll help schedule and coordinate onsite interviews, candidate travel, help onboard new employees and even plan and execute employee events.
Your background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- A track record of providing friendly customer service both in-person and over the phone
- Expertise in Microsoft office programs, particularly Outlook and Excel
- 1-2 years of administration or clerical experience
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- Initiative Taker – Empowers themselves to bring solutions and has a bias for action
- Collaborator – Works well with others, solicits feedback, and has a positive upbeat personality who focuses on opportunities rather than obstacles
- High Integrity – Ability to use discretion and judgment to resolve issues; knows when to draw the line from being socially friendly to getting the work done
- Executor – The ability to be comfortable with a high-volume workload, ambiguity, changing priorities and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
And you should be motivated by…
- Learning how to do something well by doing it, not be reading a manual or going to formal training
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year
- Having fun in an start-up-y type environment high on transparency, open to new approaches and without a ton of structure
Where you will work
Our Downtown Seattle HQ in the heart of the historic Pioneer Square area with easy access to bus routes, freeways, ferries and shopping. Neighborhood amenities include diverse and hip restaurants including some of the most famous eats featured in Seattle. Nearby stadiums provide convenient and fun access to sporting events.
Interested in learning more?
If you’re ready for an adventure, and interested in being considered for this role, please...
- Apply Online at www.bluenile.com/careers
- Get introduced. If you know someone that works here, reach out to them directly and ask them for an introduction into our recruiting team.
What we provide:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Wages
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount