Recruiter at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is rated by Built-In Seattle as one of the Top 50 Small Businesses to Work For (< 100 Employees). We are a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
As a Recruiter for Barn2Door, you will play a critical role in finding top talent and ideal candidates to grow the Barn2Door team. We are eager to grow Barn2Door with the right talent, to execute on our vision to help Farmers across the country, successfully grow their local business and margins by selling Direct. You will drive and manage full-cycle recruiting, including: sourcing, pre-screening, qualifying and interviewing candidates for a variety of positions.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and comfortable with high-volume recruiting. This position will be responsible for managing the job requisition tracking and approval process and ensuring appropriate review of compensation and FLSA classifications. The Recruiter will identify process improvements, manage the applicant tracking system (Breezy), and ensure compliance across the organization.
With a bias toward urgency, you will work closely with Barn2Door managers and executives to define and optimize recruiting processes across various departments, as well as demonstrate a high level of integrity and customer service in a consultative manner.
- Work closely with managers to define position classifications, requirements and responsibilities
- Manage entire recruiting cycle from requisition creation and approvals, job postings, candidate sourcing, interview scheduling, interviewing, collecting post-interview feedback and recommendations on hiring decisions
- Ensure a seamless, positive experience for internal and external candidates from initial contact through onboarding
- Provide ongoing communication and manage the hiring manager and team's expectations throughout the recruiting process
- Develop, analyze, and compile recruitment reports and metrics to determine the most effective recruiting methods.
- Identify and implement new processes and refine current recruiting processes that will net efficiencies and achieve targeted metrics
- Manage third-party agency vendor relationships and other external referral sources
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to the recruiting process that will contribute to the company's long-range initiatives around talent acquisition and retention
- Oversee and manage applicant tracking system (Breezy) to ensure data is current at all times
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory, it's a must!)
- Well organized, always looking to excel and over-deliver
- Able to methodically track progress, steps and results
- Process driven and always look for ways to improve existing processes
- Eager to provide data & weekly updates to all of the leaders you support
- Very organized, and plan your work week so that you can effectively manage a requirement volume
- Able generate a continuous pipeline for active and passive candidates through various recruiter tools
- BONUS: experienced in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and / or ecommerce platforms
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of recruiting experience in a high volume, high growth environment
- Experience utilizing a variety of sourcing methods, including passive phone and internet techniques
- Knowledge of compensation and general HR requirements as related to hiring
- Demonstrated track record of sourcing, tracking and managing candidates
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and internal and external client relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working face to face with VPs, directors and managers, providing guidance, and direction to ensure a great experience for candidates and hiring teams
- Ability to manage a large number of requisitions at once, ranging from individual contributor up to Director level roles with varying levels of complexity
- A source-first mentality, searching for passive candidates and strive to find the best people in the industry
- Can adapt quickly to changing business needs and requirements
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to build, measure and scale optimal workflow between candidates, managers, and the recruiting team
- BONUS: Solid experience recruiting for technical positions
- BONUS: Experience with Breezy
- $55k - $75k annual Salary DOE + Bonus Structure + Incentive Stock Options
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Hip startup office environment in lower Fremont (on the Burke Gilman trail)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.