Recruiter at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Recruiter to join our fast-growing team! This individual will support full-cycle recruiting efforts at Skilljar, with a strong focus on sourcing and closing passive candidates for our engineering and product teams (and pitching in on GTM sales hiring as needed). You will be a key partner to our business leaders cross-functionally and will advise on the recruiting process and strategy for our most difficult roles.
Skilljar is a rapidly growing Series B startup backed by top-tier investors, and we’re on a mission to redefine customer education and training software. We’re looking for a motivated, self-starter who is comfortable wearing multiple hats and thrives in a dynamic environment. You must be forward-thinking, highly collaborative, a great teammate, and able to think on your feet. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster.What you’ll do:
- Become a leader in full-cycle technical recruiting across all our functions.
- Act as a talent advisor to all hiring managers and approach recruiting with a consultative mentality.
- Work closely with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategies, build hiring profiles and ensure alignment with sourcing efforts.
- Develop creative sourcing strategies (outside of simply using LinkedIn).
- Build and maintain a pipeline of passive talent for technical and hard-to-fill positions.
- Interview candidates for a variety of technical roles and guide them through the interview process from sourcing to delivering an offer, providing an impeccable candidate experience.
- Represent our Skilljar team and values genuinely to potential candidates!
- Help mentor other recruiters on the team in best practices for technical recruiting.
- 4+ years of recruiting/sourcing experience in a fast-paced technology environment, ideally with a high-growth SaaS start-up company (with at least 2+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience).
- Extensive background sourcing passive talent and pitching passive prospects for highly complex and niche roles.
- Passionate about creating a fantastic candidate experience from start to finish.
- Experience partnering with business leaders to understand their hiring needs and advise on recruiting strategy.
- Adept in recruiting diverse and underrepresented candidates.
- Proficient with Google Suite, ATS (Greenhouse is preferred), LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed.
- Enjoys the fast-paced and collaborative nature of an early-stage startup. Thinks on their feet and approaches problems with a collaborative and analytical mindset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Embodies a team player mentality and loves mentoring others!
- US work authorization and criminal background checks are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, Trilogy Equity Partners, and Insight Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, and New York.
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.