Recruiting Coordinator at Karat
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
As a Coordinator at Karat, you’ll own scheduling, candidate and hiring manager engagement, reporting, recruiting operations and events. You’re an organizational guru, you work effectively with internal and external clients, you possess great communication skills, and you have the ability to shift gears at a moment’s notice and enjoy the challenges of helping to build a great organization of diverse talented individuals. This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to broaden their experience working in a fast-paced, high growth organization with accelerated career trajectory.
- Own interview scheduling & coordinate onsite interviews, focusing on providing best in class candidate experiences.
- Support recruiting team in KPI and metrics reporting.
- Partner with Recruiting, HR, and Business Stakeholders to plan and manage recruiting events, from brainstorming to logistical execution.
- Assist with new hire on-boarding.
- Partner with recruiting team on sourcing, collateral/advertising, and candidate experience.
- Educate others and evangelize recruiting best practices.
- Help build Karat’s employer brand by engaging with the community through social media as well as during networking events, meetups, career fairs, conferences etc.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- A minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience within a high growth organization (agency or corporate), preferably in an entrepreneurial environment.
- BA/BS preferred.
- Knowledge of full lifecycle recruitment (from sourcing, screening, interviewing, offering and closing candidates).
- Prior experience working with recruitment software and reporting.
- Proven track record of gaining trust and respect of the business by consistently demonstrating confidentiality, sound critical thinking skills and placing the highest level of value on the internal and external customer.
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to collaborate cross-functionally, while balancing the need to work independently to drive individual results.
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders and candidates at all levels and influence appropriately.
- Ability to consult, persuade, and negotiate at all levels.
- Strong written communication and account management skills and customer focus.
- Proficiency with or ability to learn our systems: Greenhouse, Hired, and LinkedIn Recruiter.
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Karat believes that diversity is critical to our success and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and a passion for getting things done.